confused..

Options
So I have been going strong since i started my diet. (5 days ago) I used to eat terribly but I havent slipped once since starting MFP

I just stepped on the scale today and havent lost a single pound.

Im so discouraged!!!

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Dont be discouraged. The pounds will soon drop. Watch your sodium intake and drink plenty of water and u should be fine. Stay commited.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not fun when the scales don't cooperate!

Your sodium is really high. The recommended amount is 1500...whenever I go too far over this I pay for it on the scales! I'd also curb the simple carbs - white breads, sugars, etc.

Otherwise...hang in there!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Dont be discouraged. The pounds will soon drop. Watch your sodium intake and drink plenty of water and u should be fine. Stay commited.

This, and also watch your sugar intake. Definitely stay committed. It's only been 5 days. You can do this, hon!
  • DanaOwen21
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself after eating today? I always heard, and I myself weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. Weight can vary all day long. Some morning I can weigh as much as 5 lbs less than I did when I went to bed. Just make sure, whatever time you weigh, that its always the same! Sorry you are discouraged, keep that head up!
  • breannatrevs
    Options
    Not fun when the scales don't cooperate!

Your sodium is really high. The recommended amount is 1500...whenever I go too far over this I pay for it on the scales! I'd also curb the simple carbs - white breads, sugars, etc.

Otherwise...hang in there!

I dont eat any carbs like bread or refined sugars!
  • bizybee29
    bizybee29 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have done the same thing in the past! Don't beat yourself up. Drink lots of water to help with water retention, and add exercise. I have found that if I don't exercise, regardless of how good I am with my food, I really don't loose until I sweat a little with exercise. Be proud that you have done good for yourself for a whole week!...It will reap rewards far more than any scale will report! :D
    Keep up the great work!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!did you weigh 1st thing in the am.Also soduim and the tom do play in the wt loss.Don`t get discouraged.You`ll do it!!:smile: jane
  • onesfun
    onesfun Posts: 11
    Options
    are you exercising? make sure you do weigh training first then cardio and mix up your workouts so that you work different parts of your body every other day. Hope this helps. I had the same problem. I dont have a lot of weight to loose and so it dont come off as fast either. I know you are probably tired of hearing it but the weight is moving around and turning to muscle. make sure you are eating 5-6 small meals a day. Good luck I am struggling trying to get 12 more pounds off. Its hard but hang in there, it will be worth it. Good Luck

Also I noticed it in my clothes before it showed on the scale.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is really common, especially if you are exercising properly. Your body reacts to the stress of exercise and diet by swelling the muscles with water to heal them from the break down caused by exercise. Keep doing what you're doing. Don't start starving or give up. You'll see little to no change and then you'll see a significant drop on the scale.

I had this exact thing happen to me. Three weeks in a row I saw tiny increments, then today big drop! I'm right back on track to losing what I wanted to lose. Keep working - don't get caught up in the short term.
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    I agree with the other's, HANG IN THERE! Its so easy to watch shows like the biggest loser and expect our weight to just fly off as soon as we get on track and do whats right. But in reality they are working out most of the day. So take a step back and know that the weight will start dropping, and also make sure to take measurements. Sometimes we start toning before we lose weight, that be encouraging to start seeing inches lost when you might not be losing pounds!
    What ever you do, DONT quit!! Besides losing the weight, eating healthy and exercising is the way to better health.. I'm sure you didnt put the weight on in 5 days, just be patient to know it will come off!!
    You GOT THIS!!! Keep going and finish strong!
  • Leah2975
    Leah2975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just went through this, I worked out 5 days a week, and counted all my calories, watched my fat and carbs, and it took a whole month for me to lose anything. I kept at it, and 2 months later im down 10 lbs.
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    I just went through this, I worked out 5 days a week, and counted all my calories, watched my fat and carbs, and it took a whole month for me to lose anything. I kept at it, and 2 months later im down 10 lbs.

Thats awesome!! What an encouragement! And way to stick it out! Its great to hear it from others who've gone through this and landed well on the other side of it! THANKS!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 weeks from when I began to when I started to lose, be patient, 5 days is not a long time!

GG
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st, have exercised EVERY day, and log everything I eat. I have weeks when I don't loose a pound! I'm doing the P90X program and I know that since I'm building muscle the scale is NOT the only thing I'm looking at to chart my progress. For me, I fell successful if I either: loose pounds, inches or my clothes fit better.
    Chin up! You didn't get this way overnight (although it seems like it) and you aren't going to see results overnight either. Just give it time, stay the course and you'll see results in no time!