just asking a question...

Options
.....can I take a poll?

Who here just has three meals a day?
who here has three meals plus snacks?
and who here just eats whenever they are hungry( no set meal time)?

Just curious.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    .....can I take a poll?

Just curious.:flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner! Sometimes I eat a snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. I never eat after dinner:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    eat when hungry
    3 meals 2 snacks
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Kinda of all of the above!!:laugh:

I always have breakfast and coffee. After that, lord only knows what the day holds!

I have noticed, though, that I am more successful at not succumbing to the evil munchie monster if I make it a point to eat every two-three hours.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    3 meals plus snacks, I eat on average ever two hours :) I never let my stomach growl, and I eat appx 1300 - 1800 calories depending on whether I exercised that day.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It depends...I try and plan out meals and snacks in the morning for calorie count. Then I watch it through the day and adjust as needed. I eat when I'm hungry and three meals. I try not to snack after dinner...but lately that's been a nightmare.
  • jillb2727
    Options
    I eat 3 meals per day plus snacks (usually 1-2)

Try never to let myself get to that starving feeling!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    3 meals and sometimes a snack
  • msblondy16
    Options
    I try to just eat when I am hungry but I HAVE to have mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks otherwise I get headaches as soon as my blood sugar drops. My normal day is like this: breakfast at 6, snack at 10, lunch at 12:30, snack at 3:30, dinner at 7, snack at 9 if hungry. This times can be different depending on work/working out and all that, but I always have 5-6 meals.

Happy Tuesday all :flowerforyou: !
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i eat when the bear in my stomach starts growling. cause i dont want him to get angry. you wont like him when he's angry!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I eat brekkie.
    I eat lunch.
    (I workout)
    I eat an afternoon snack.
    I eat dinner.
    I eat a late night (i.e. 9p-10p) snack.

However, if I am TRULY hungry outside those time frames, I will eat. If not, I binge at the next meal.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    When I very first started losing a couple of years ago, I ate only 3 meals a day, and did very well. A couple of weeks ago I started at this thing again eating just three a day, but am working out more, and have only lost 5 lbs, so I'm thinking with the amount of working out I'm doing I'm not getting in enough cals so I'm going to start trying the six small meals thing, and see how it works! Or maybe just add two healthy snacks throughout the day!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast; snack, dinner; snack; supper, snack.
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    i eat 3 meals a day plus snacks (sometimes are fruits or veggies)..i try to eat every 2-3 hours.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 2-3 snacks (the 2-3 snacks depends on my workout for the day. it can turn into 3 snacks depending on the exercise or the way I manage my time for the day since I like to spread all of my meals and snacks out as evenly as possible)
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    I like most eat three meals and snacks! I always try to eat healthy snacks though, but ones that will satisfy my sweet tooth!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I hired a trainer for hlep in breaking a terrible 5 month plateau. He suggested 6 mini meals per day instead of 3.

That's what I do now. I love it and it works!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    All 3 options for me. It depends on the day and how I'm feeling.