Its about time I introduce myself

Options
Hi, I'm Mallorie. I have been using myfitnesspal for almost a month now, and I love it!. I'm 23 and before college never had a problem with my weight (though like most young women, I thought I did when, at 135 lbs, I didn't). I succeeded in not gaining the Freshman 15 my first year of college (though I attribute that to being a picky eater, a poor college student, and living on the 5th floor of a dorm with no elevator). I came home my sophomore year, and the mixture of a busy schedule with work and school and my grandma's wonderful home cooking I doubled what I missed out on freshman year. Sadly I didn't stop with the Sophomore 30, but progressed to the Junior 40 and sadly the Senior 50! Well, graduation is coming up here in May and I refuse to walk up on that stage at 185 lbs. Its time I take back control of my health while I am taking control of my future! I have set a goal to lose 15 lbs before graduation. I feel that that is a realistic and attainable goal, and have already lost 6 lbs thanks to myfitnesspal! If I am successful then I will set a new goal and hopefully be down to 140 by July!

I have a sweet puggle who is very happy with my new fitness goals. He gets to share my apple slices and healthy snacks, and we go on long walks whenever the weather is nice. With the beginning of spring, I'm hoping exercise will be easier. I take fitness classes at school, but will have to find alternative forms of exercise when I am done with the semester.

Replies

• Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You are off to a great start, you have set some good goals and seem focused.

Good luck :smile:

Ben.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being almost done with college! This community is so supportive and friendly, I'm sure you'll love it here. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    Hi Mallory! That's amazing!! 6 pounds in a month is absolutely fab!
    I'm fairly new to mfp, it's been about 6 days .... and already it has helped tremendously. I love pugs!! I have two of them: Tito & Tanner, one's black and the other is fawn colored. They are the best little buddies ever, and absolutely love going on walks (if I even say the word they get super excited - so adorable).
    It would be great to have another buddy for support and encouragement, so add me if you like!
  • XxNightAngel85xX
    Options
    Hello, I here to lose lots of weight i have just started diet chef and finding its working for me. My last weigh in was at 15stone 13 lbs. I would like to get 127.54lbs 9stone 11lbs and with a bit of support from you guys i hope i can do it. I do have my ups and down days but learnt to have more up days so far. It would be nice if i could see what people eat so i could compare to what i eat and see if i could do better. you can set your view dairy on your settings tab. anyway please add me if you would like take care sami 25 derby xx
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mallorie! Just wanted to say hello and congratulate you on being almost done with college. You'll do great on reaching all of your goals!!!