Hi! - I just joined a few weeks ago.

Options
KES519
KES519 Posts: 21 Member
I am having a hard time keeping myself on track, especially with the snacking. I spend a good bit of time driving (to and from school) and sitting in front of the pc! I know I need the push and reminders to keep on the right track (losing weight- not gaining).

Replies

• klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    Easy solution: Go shopping for light calorie snacks, but make sure to log it all!
  • Lazr1430
    Lazr1430 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to make sure you log everything you eat... EVERYTHING! For me it didn't take long before I would decide that maybe I didn't want to have to log an extra snack.. maybe I would postpone it for awhile.. even just 15 minutes... and often I got busy doing other things and skipped that "snack" ... It really helped me, to see how many calories all of those little snacks added up to... At first I was just really happy when the # of calories I was consuming daily, dropped. Then I started working on staying within the target range. It doesn't take long and it becomes manageable and then you start seeing progress with the scale. Just concentrate on small sections of time... 8:00 am until 10:00 am... no unreasonable snacks... Then do 10:00 am until noon... Before you know it you will have managed a whole day, then a whole week... and then you will be on a roll! Good luck.. you are young enough to be able to enjoy being fit for a lot of years! Good luck!
  • tho0505
    tho0505 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    agree with both of these comments. dont give up if you have a bad day either. we all have days were we go far beyond our calories. just start over the next day.