NSV---no longer tight! Loose!

Options
Even though my ticker seems to be moving slow or the scale doesn't seem to budge at all, I've been noticing a lot of amazing changes in my body. I started my journey on January 2011 and as of today, I lost 1% body fat (from about 35% to 34%)....most large size shirts don't fit me well but now I can fit in them....I may have to start getting medium/small sized shirts from now on....my jeans have been definitely gotten loose on me (I used to fit in mostly size 12 jeans , I can now manage to perfectly fit into size 10s jeans). I also recently got my measurements, so I lost about 1.5 inches around my waistline (from about 33-34 inches to about 32ish). YAY!! Sorry I don't really remember the exact numbers of all my measurements (and I don't really weight or measure myself too often) because I don't want to get discouraged......so I mainly try go by how my overall body feels every day and how clothes fits me.

Most importantly, as I was going through my closet, I tried on a dress shirt that I haven't worn and touched in 2 years because it was too tight on me when I first got it. Today was the first day I tried it on and WOW! It actually fits and it's a little loose....BUT FINALLY IT FITS!

I just love MFP, there are days where I get so discouraged/unmotivated because my journey is going so slow or I just can't fit in enough exercise days, but whenever I'm on here, it reminds me that "slow and steady" wins the race and to get back on track. Just can't wait to reach my goals!!

If you have some SMALL but can be turned into BIG, amazing and wonderful accomplishments to share, please do! Let's all motivate each other!

Replies

• toridorey
    toridorey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good job to you!!! My first (and so far only) NSV is that a shirt I used to wear uncomfortably (it wasn't super tight but it definitely showcased every lump) is now a "sleep shirt" because it is WAY too big!! I agree that slow and steady wins the race and there are days when I have to remind myself of that about every 5 minutes!! MFP is one of the best tools because everyone on here is going through this "journey" together!!! =D Good luck with everything and thanks for sharing your NSV because it is super motivating!!! Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!