Abdominal toning

Options
I had 2 c-sections 15 months apart. These two were my biggest babies at 11 lbs 5oz and 9 lbs 7 oz. I have 5 children all together. The last c-section was 3 years ago. The area around my scar is still numb. My question is: can you tone muscle you can't even feel? And what are some good exercises for that? Thanks. :)

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a c-section but I did have a radical surgery. From the tip of the sternum to 1/2' below my belly button. And that was in 1988, and I still have no feelings 1 -1/2" all the way around the incision sight. And really at this time don't expect to. But I will say I have noticed with my exercise that I am toning up around the area, it is no longer sagging like a spare tire. So you can do something with it. I am doing Jillian Michaels dvd's changing them up every night so that I don't get bored. And I do light weight training, and walking... They all have abdominal crunches and such in them that work on that area.. Good luck....
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you can still use them, you can tone them. I've had surgeries to remove benign mass under bot of my armpits, which left me with some nerve damage. The area over my (right) triceps is particularly numb. Working with a trainer, however, has allowed me to really target those areas with weight training and I'm beginning to see a bit of definition in my triceps. I can certainly feel a difference in the strength of these muscles each week.

Continue to do routine core-strengthening exercises in combination with cardio to burn any excess fat in the body, and you're sure to get amazing results!
  • mmwinky
    mmwinky Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mmwinky
    mmwinky Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you !