Anyone have any good roasted red skin potato recipes?

Options
polar5554
polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
I need some ideas....

Replies

• Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favorite and go-to roasted potato is easy...chop them up into small chunks. Sprinkle with EVOO and then I shake some Garlic Salt on them, stir around to mix and then bake at 400 Degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Sometimes I Broil at the end for 1-3 minutes to get them extra crispy.

GL!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Any idea how much per serving???

calories??

They sound yummy!!!!
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There is a generic roasted potatoes food setting on here that I use. You can probably find it in my diary.
    Oh, I am using it for dinner tonight actually, when I figured it out on my own it was pretty similar to that one. So why reinvent the wheel.

I eat 1 cup or under, pretty filling really.
  • artsysk8erchic
    Options
    I quarter or halve mine then splash with olive oil. I then use rosemary and thyme and a little cracked black pepper. Throw them in the oven for about 35-40 minutes and enjoy! So good! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I chop them up into half-circles. then, in a glass measuring cup I melt together (microwave) a half stick of butter with a half cup of honey, add in generous shakings of red pepper flakes and chipotle tabasco. I also like sweet mesquite spice blend from costco. Whever you like, the honey and butter will glaze it onto the potatoes. Add some heat to counter the honey.

Put the potatoes in a big ziplock, pour in the honey/butter/spices and seal/shake. Put in the glass pyrex baking dish and bake for almost an hour at 400 degrees. Stir to coat them near the end.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like to chop them up with some fresh green beans and onions and sprinkle with a little dried onion soup mix. Sometimes I throw all the veggies I have together (I have done this with potatoes, beans, zucchini, cherry tomatoes...) good hot or cold!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love this one. It's for Chicken with it, but you can just do the potatoes if you'd prefer!

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Rosemary-Baked-Chicken-with-Potatoes.aspx
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sound yummy!