Walking shoes

Options
Ive started walking atleast an hour every day again, and every time I start getting back in the habbit, I quit because I start getting blisters on my feet. I tried buying new socks that are supposed to prevent blisters...but they arent working. My shoes arent tight or anything...anyone have any advice on shoes or what I can do to prevent them? I used to walk all the time in high school and never had this problem..

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You might need to see a podiatrist and get your feet fitted to some really good walking shoes. Some health insurances will even pay for the shoes if your feet are having issues.
    If you dont go down that alley then you should at least go and get your foot sized and try on lots of shoes. Have somone who works there help you and if they seem clueless, go somewhere else where someone can help you!
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Maybe your shoes arent tight enough....
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    I just got the new Reebox Simply Tone....LOVE' EM
    Good Luck, blisters are no fun :(
  • danlkrim
    danlkrim Posts: 7
    Options
    My husband and I I have found ASICS to be comfortable for walking or running. My problem is that my big toe rubs the lining and creates a hole. I am going to have to find them in leather.