Conservative C25K Week 3 (3/15)

Options
melodyg
melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
Hi, ladies! Again, I have to hope that you had better luck with week 2 than I did... but I am hoping I am good to go now that it stays lighter a bit longer in the evenings. :)

This week we are still focusing on being consistent and getting in walking... just bumping up the time a little.

The routine for this week:

T: 15minutes walking
Th: 20 minutes walking
Sat: 15 minutes walking
Sun: 20 minutes walking

Sending out another reminder to warmup/cooldown... or at least get in a few extra minutes to make up time you would spend doing that!

Have a great week! Check in throughout the week to let us know how you are doing or get support!

For newbies, we are following this program and you are welcome to join in!
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Programs/conservative_program.htm

Replies

• melodyg
    Options
    I did W3D1 today. I have to admit that, against my advice, I didn't do anything much besides walk the 15 minutes (okay, I walked 18 because it took that long to do the mile circuit).

This was my first time walking outside since last fall so I thought I did pretty well with a 17/18 minute mile. I had planned to go further so hadn't really stepped up the pace a lot... but then decided it was cold enough and getting dark enough that I should just go in. It wasn't too cold, it was 50... but I was in a t-shirt, so...

One tiny problem is that I've been noticing a bit of knee trouble lately. While I was walking I stepped a certain way one time and got a brief but sharp bit of knee pain. I'm a little concerned about whether or not I should run but thinking I'll take it a week at a time and see. Maybe it is just part of getting a bit older (and carrying around all of this extra weight for way too long!)

I'm planning to do W3D2 on Wednesday.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi Melody.
    How is your knee and how was the rest of your week?
    I messed up while my daughter was here for Spring Break. Didn't diet and no exercise at all. Why? Who knows? So, planning to do week 3 starting tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Okay... started Week 3, again. 15 minutes done, today.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    I surely hope someone joins me... I walked 20 minutes.
    Linda
  • melodyg
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in! I took the week off as well because of asthma issues. I think I'll just start wherever you are next week. Hmmm.... looks like the group is down to us. Maybe we should continue off the forums?

(Though if anyone is reading this and wants to join in, feel free to send a private message to me!)
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hey, Melody. Sorry to hear about the asthma issues...
    I like posting in the forums... that way if someone wants to join in they can. You never know...
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Walked 15 minutes.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Walked 20 minutes!
  • melodyg
    Options
    Great job! :) So... are we doing week 4 starting tomorrow? I've lost track! Planning on exercising tomorrow though...
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi Melody, and thank you.
    I will be starting Week 4. (I had to do a redo of Week 3, as I had only done a couple days of it).
    Thanks, again.
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Starting Week 4:
    Walked 20 minutes today.
    Linda
  • vibramfivefingers
    Options
    Do you like vibram five finger shoes, now it is very popular and has many fans, if you like it, don't wait but choose it. http://www.vibramfivefingersshoesusa.com/
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Walked 20 minutes, today.
  • LeLe2929
    LeLe2929 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hoping within a few more days I will be able to start catching up to you guys! Cortisone shots on board, just waiting to see if they work. I should start feeling better anytime between now and Saturday :-D
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Good luck, LeLe!
  • melodyg
    Options
    Good to see you on here LeLe... I have to admit I am *still* slacking, I can't seem to get to the point I feel comfortable exercising much (still asthma stuff, ugh... at least it is better).
  • Elbee1
    Options
    20 minute walk -- April 1st & today, April 3rd.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Walked 28 minutes, jogged/ran 2 minutes
  • LeLe2929
    LeLe2929 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm still getting used to these message boards, I'm too used to Facebook notifications :) I keep forgetting to check in. I haven't started walking again yet. The weather is fabulous and I want to walk tonight, but my honey is out for the evening. I am so not about to take the kids!
    Elbee - Good to see you so active!
    Melody - How are the asthma issues?
  • Elbee1
    Options
    thanks, LeLe.
    Yesterday, I walked 35 minutes and ran/jogged 6 minutes. Was just going to run/jog for 2 minutes, so did an extra 4.