Where are my fireworks????

Options
Well, after losing 40 kg, and FINALLY reaching my ultimate goal, I honestly thought I'd feel amazing, but to be honest, I don't really feel that different....what's wrong??? Why didn't I cry, laugh REACT on the scales this morning when for the first time in my adult life I'm under 65 kg?

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Congrats for reaching your ultimate goal.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    maybe your just so used to it now, thats its just a number...
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a little while to sink in! When it hits you you will be flooded with emotion don't worry! (I had don that before but rebounded like whoa). It hit me the first time when I bought my first z 8.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    What you need is an NSV (non-scale victory). It'll come; either a comment from someone or you'll realize that you look different in the mirror, or old clothes will be too loose, etc.) But the scale never congratulates anyone.

Congrats on your accomplishment! :drinker:
  • ericzintx
    ericzintx Posts: 32
    Options
    Give it time. Maybe for you it will be more of a growing appreciation every time you look in the mirror, look at old pictures, put on your clothes, etc.

Did the challenge lessen for you as time went on? If you grew into the lifestyle and see yourself as part of it now, instead of still outside of it just doing "stuff" to get "into" the fitness lifestyle, then your mindset has changed and YOU have changed. Your willpower, self-confidence, self-image, strength, resoluteness (is that even a word?), etc. are all stronger than they were before (surely) and you are a NEW you.

Sometimes there are no fireworks -- but I guarantee you the embers are there burning in your core changing you from the inside out!

Oh, and Congratulations -- YOU DID IT!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Why not take a pic of yourself today and then put it next to some old photos of yourself when you were heavier (heaviest if you can find) - you will be shocked at how different you look and that is a sense of satisfaction you can't get from a number on a scale !
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    I could understand that. When you build it up (like I'm doing too) and nothing really feels that different on the day you meet your goal, it can be disappointing. The same thing happened when I finally ran a marathon. I didn't cry or have this amazing moment after the race. I just finished it. I had pictured in my head so many times how I would react when I finally finished and nothing.

The point I'm trying to make is that it may not feel the way you had hoped, but let yourself brag about it! Look at how far you've come and don't belittle your success. The most important thing to do now is to celebrate! Maybe treat yourself to a new outfit or a dress that makes you feel smokin :wink:
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    Thank you SO much, your post really got to me......sniff........thank you!!!!!
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    Give it time. Maybe for you it will be more of a growing appreciation every time you look in the mirror, look at old pictures, put on your clothes, etc.

Did the challenge lessen for you as time went on? If you grew into the lifestyle and see yourself as part of it now, instead of still outside of it just doing "stuff" to get "into" the fitness lifestyle, then your mindset has changed and YOU have changed. Your willpower, self-confidence, self-image, strength, resoluteness (is that even a word?), etc. are all stronger than they were before (surely) and you are a NEW you.

Sometimes there are no fireworks -- but I guarantee you the embers are there burning in your core changing you from the inside out!

Oh, and Congratulations -- YOU DID IT!
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    Thank you SO much, your post really got to me......sniff........thank you!!!!!
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    @ ericzintx

I was TRYING to direct that comment at your AWESOME post!!! Thank you, you put it in way that really got to me.......
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    23659720_c96e0d335e_o.gif
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    Everyone here is totally AWESOME!!!!! CrazySteve.......you ROCK!!!!

I don't have a more recent photo of myself that my profile taken a few months back. But I do have a before....how do I add it here?
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    But the scale never congratulates anyone.

I like that. I may even take a Sharpie and write it ON the scale. :laugh:

And way to go, beckyboowoo!
  • beckyboowoo
    Options
    oK so I added my before picture to my profile and the only recent photo I have of myself, although it's only head and shoulders and in the gym of all places.
  • ericzintx
    ericzintx Posts: 32
    Options
    Very glad to help Becky. You've definitely earned the right to celebrate and be proud of your accomplishments and we're here to support you!

(Nice touch on the fireworks CrazySteve -- She deserves it!)

-Eric
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!! good for you :)
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    kaboom! seriously! that is me sending some fireworks your way :D you have done an amazing job!!! take a step back and be proud of yourself~~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!