HELP!!! FOOD-aholic

Options
:sad: Hi! I need some advise about self control. Today i ate alot of bread, but after that my mom told me that bread has a lot of calories in it. How do i just say no to yummy calorie filled food?

Replies

• HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Or you could try eating it in moderation.
  • vibramfivefingers
    Options
    Do you like vibram five finger shoes, now it is very popular and has many fans, if you like it, don't wait but choose it. http://www.vibramfivefingersshoesusa.com/
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Food is a problem for me too... I just love it. If you love bread, don't cut it out of your diet, but try to find a lower calorie bread and eat a little less of it. If you are hungry, try to fill up on veggies and drink some water. Although it doesn't always hit the spot, I know.
  • brigbug
    brigbug Posts: 34
    Options
    Advice...find something similar in a healthier form. We went from regular breads to whole wheat everything. Also, it's mind over matter and sometimes you just have to say NO! It's a matter of, do you have the calories to give up for what you want to eat? If you truly want a healthier life style and to lose weight then you will have to make difficult choices and say no to some of the things that will push you over. Also, MODERATION is the key word. Sometimes having a small amount of what you crave will curb the craving. For instance, if you crave chocolate, eat a hershey's kiss rather than a whole hershey bar.
    Hope this helps on your journey! Keep going, you CAN do it! :)
  • Christineb1
    Options
    I think eating "whole" foods that do not come in a package. Fresh produce is lower in calories and should hopefully fulfill cravings. I love bread too and eat the "thins" or a wrap for a sandwhich.
  • jessica8960
    jessica8960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of eating too. I just love snacking. I started what im not calling a diet but a *healthier lifestyle* about 2 weeks ago. Whats important to remember is IT GETS EASIER as you do it. Two weeks in and I feel SO much better, I have more energy and I just feel a lot better about myself. Surround yourself with food you CAN eat. Hide or get rid of stuff you cant control yourself with (like for me cookies) until you can control how many you eat. If you love bread then eat it almost as a treat. Use it with a sandwhich or w/e you like but make the rest of the meal healthy. WHat I love doing is substituting mayo for avacado. I also buy Yoplait Whips which I REALLY like. Theyre sweet and help you pass up the unhealthier items. You can also freeze them and they are almost like ice cream. Let me know if you need any other tips, ill try to help.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :sad: Hi! I need some advise about self control. Today i ate alot of bread, but after that my mom told me that bread has a lot of calories in it. How do i just say no to yummy calorie filled food?

You need to find lower carb and calorie alternitives. La Banderita - Low Carb Low Fat Wheat Tortilla are only 11 carbs and are
    a good alternitive to bread. Weight watchers has a low cal, and carb bread but it is expensive. try eating your sandwiches openface with lots of tomato and lettuce and use a knife and fork. If you like things use hot peppers where you can it will raise you metabolism. Jolly time has a light popcorn it has a weight watchers approved on the box. 5 cups a serving. that's 1/2 a large bag. I eat every night, along with a cup of grapes, strawberries, 1/2 an apple, orange, or pear.
    When you eat a potato only eat half. Try to eat a lot of salads with no full fat cheese or bacon and only 1-2 tbls. dressing.
    Yogurt with extra blueberries. Cook up a ton of Veggies with a little tomato sauce 1/2 cup put it over 1-2 oz of pasta with a piece of Chicken. Watch Corn, Carrots, White Potatoes, Onions. They are higher in carbs so only eat 1/4 cup at a time.
    Light Sour Cream instead of butter is good on potatoes but only use teaspoons instead of tablespoons. Stay away from fat free stuff because it has more sugar. If you blood sugar goes high you will be more hungry. Make a pound of chicken and portion it out into 3-4 oz portions, you can have it for a couple of days.
    Create recipes and play with ingredients to get the most out of your calorie and carb count. DRINK A LOT OF WATER>
    Don't bring bad snacks into the house. If you only have good things to eat you won't have any thing bad to eat.
  • flowergirl2011
    Options
    THANKS!!! I will take ALL of yur advise into consideration!!
    -FLOWERGIRL2011
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    No problem! That's what we are all here for! :)
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult..... depending on what drives you to eat - could be emotional or just uummmm ummm good! (LOL) I have suffered from both. and yes, bread is loaded with calories. On food items that I find myself not being in control and wanting more, I try to give up all together or not make so available. If I give it up all together - for lack of discipline, eventually my body no longer desires it. for instance, I looove a good french bread. but, I know this will bite me big time on calories so i haven't been eating it and now do not have a desire for it. love to add you as a friend, maybe we can encourage each other. just saw your home page and you're considerably younger than I am. But, one thing we have in common is that we want to lose weight.
  • flowergirl2011
    Options
    Haha!!! Funny, girl! :laugh:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of eating too. It's mostly a mental addiction, but I'm slowly overcoming it. The only thing that you can eat a lot of and not gain any weight is salad.