Satisfying low cal snacks

Options
JustGila
JustGila Posts: 23 Member
Hey all!

I am trying to create a range of snacks for myself so that I can stay focused on eating low calorie. I need good recommendations! I am a salt craver not a sweet craver and my favorite snacks are tomatos, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar and also hummus with either peppers, carrots or pita chips. I LOVE cheese too....what can I eat??

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    almonds! my new favourite snack!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My new favorite snack is 2 laughing cow light cheeses and some whole grain crackers, whole snack is 100 calories. Much better for me then the 100 calorie packs I started out eating and much more filling!
  • nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sargento light cheese sticks - 50 calories a piece.

Also Breakstone 2% cottage cheese singles - they are good and salty and so yummy - 90 calories
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sargento light cheese sticks - 50 calories a piece.

Also Breakstone 2% cottage cheese singles - they are good and salty and so yummy - 90 calories
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat those too (cottage cheese singles). I also mix in some Dole pineapple tidbits (packed in pineapple juice). Good snack.
  • kbd7466
    kbd7466 Posts: 1
    Options
    My new favorite: air popped popcorn with lime juice and salt. SO good and so low cal.

I put about a quarter cup of unpopped kernels in a brown paper lunch bag folded over and microwave for 2 min or so...the way i would microwave popcorn. Satisfying and so delicious. Three cups on MFP is less than 100 cals (though I wasn't sure how to calculate the salt, so that might affect the overall nutrition intake). Just be sure not to add too much lime juice or it gets soggy.
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nuts, yogourt, fruits, veggies.Turkey pepperoni wrapped around a little cheese (since you liek salt).
    I like to take a piece of beefsteak light rye and cut it in half. Load it with veggies and half a piece of cheese. Very yummy.
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn and crave sweets. Someone on mfp told me about microwave popcorn with a tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips thrown in and shaken. Is messy but wonderfully good.