Healthier chocolate treats to save us from the weekend binge

Options
Emi_chan
Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
Chocolate is a HUGE weakness for me. :( Any ideas on healthier, less calorific alternatives? I'm getting sick of Jell-O sugar-free dark chocolate puddings. lol

Thanks! :)

Replies

• nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    I like the small dark chocolate hershey's bliss... they are about 35 calories per square.
    Also, this is a REALLY low cal chocolate dip that uses splenda, if you're good with that. Put two parts Splenda to one part pure unsweetened cocoa. Add one part water and mix. It's a great dip for fruit, or graham crackers, etc!

Good luck - I am a recovering chocoholic myself. I'm not eating any this week and HATING it :tongue:
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    bump
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me about cocoa covered almonds not only are they great to snack on and low in calories and carbs but taste like chocolate almonds I have just tried them myself today!! I also love chocolate:)):bigsmile:
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Chocolate graham crackers or teddy grahams
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    special k protein meal bars..... covered in choc and 10 g protein... yum
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE LOVE my dove dark chocolate promises! 42 calories a piece. and I suck on them so they last longer, then wait until AT LEAST the flavor is out of my mouth before I have another. I allow myself no more than 3 a day.
  • mamacremers
    Options

Yum too!! Or there's a dark chocolate fiber one bar too!! YUM YUM YUM!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    The special K protein bar is delicious, but has a crazy amount of sugar. Try Mcvities digestive, covered in milk chocolate, its so delicious. You can find it in the foreign aisle at giant eagle
  • LadyNeon
    LadyNeon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownie bars. Not exactly a "brownie", but not half bad!
  • anniebnannie
    anniebnannie Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Yum too!! Or there's a dark chocolate fiber one bar too!! YUM YUM YUM!!

I too am a total chocoholic!! And I had to stop the dove bites and Bliss as they were messing with my insulin and I got stuck and wasn't losing... These are my new saviors - Kellogg's Fiber PLus Antioxidants chewy bars (chocolately peanut butter). Great choice for a snack at only130 calories and 7 grams of sugar! 9 grams of Fiber! Another option I head to is Nature's path organic Peanut Choco granola bar 150 calories, but with low sodium. Really sweet & helps with the chocolate cravings as it has the chocolate chips in it.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I know that chocolate craving will get me every day anyway, so I usually add a few organic **dark** chocolate chips to my breakfast. That normally satisfies me for the day but if it doesn't, and if I earn enough calorie slack to pull it off, I'll add some Green & Black's 85% cacao organic chocolate pieces later in the day. Just a little of that works wonders for me.
  • mamacremers
    Options
    I know that chocolate craving will get me every day anyway, so I usually add a few organic **dark** chocolate chips to my breakfast. That normally satisfies me for the day but if it doesn't, and if I earn enough calorie slack to pull it off, I'll add some Green & Black's 85% cacao organic chocolate pieces later in the day. Just a little of that works wonders for me.

My neighbor at work is trying to turn me on to that organic cacao stuff. I should really try it!