Apple Butter

Options
nkswans
nkswans Posts: 469 Member
I have a jar of apple butter I found in the back of my fridge, forgot all about it! Was wondering if anyone had some good ideas on how to use it up? Other than on toast of course. Thanks!!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Sorry toast is all I got.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You could glaze chicken or pork with it. Maybe spice it up with some cayenne.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of apple butter I found in the back of my fridge, forgot all about it! Was wondering if anyone had some good ideas on how to use it up? Other than on toast of course. Thanks!!

Slice up an apple and dip away! so yum!!!
  • NettieGirl4ever
    NettieGirl4ever Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A spoon?
    (lol, sorry...no help. Yum!)
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, pb and apple butter, mix into cupcake or muffin batter, use in place of oil in baking, glaze for veggies or meat
  • nkswans
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I will have to try it as a glaze, that sounds good! Or just as a dip with apples :wink: Surprisingly, it is only 10 cals for a tablespoon. Not too bad! Having butter in the name makes you think it would be higher.
  • Heather75
    Options
    Apple butter doesn't contain butter. They just call it that. It is pretty much a concentrated apple sauce.
  • nkswans
    Options
    I know, I meant having butter in the name! :wink:
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed in with plain Greek yogurt with cinnamon.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I see. Yeah, I don't know why the call it that. Even the texture doesn't really resemble butter. I blame the pioneers. Sounds like something they would make up. *rolls eyes*
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Tastes yummy with eggo waffles :happy:
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple and dip away! so yum!!!

Oops I thought you said almond butter. Mix some almond butter with honey and dip an apple in!