Commercials that make you go WHAT!

Options
AdoraK
AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
Ok What weird commercials have you seen?

Here is what I just saw.

It was for a powder for people that exercise... it was called Monkey Bum Powder.
It had a monkey on it bottle with a big red Butt!!

What the....

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can't stand that "Potty Dance" commercial for diapers. Apparently you can go online and join the potty dance!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The gilette razor for women, for those "sensative" areas that require shaving....it showed a woman running (for the active lifestyle haha) past shrubbery and bushes...as she ran by them, they would spruce up, become instantly neat and trim....it took me a couple times of seeing it before I figured that this was just plain wrong!!!!!! I haven't seen it in awhile though....
  • fischer_mjjr
    fischer_mjjr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    While potty training our son loved that song. I can't say I enjoyed it as much.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Things like this are why I don't watch tv.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I hate the Potty Dance, too. I also hate those bears that are constantly checking out each others *kitten* for toilet paper remnants.

I also do not believe that the shrimp fisherman goes to Long John Silver's when he wants to enjoy the best quality shrimp.
  • hotcouponmama
    Options
    That's so funny and wrong at the same time!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I can't stand that "Potty Dance" commercial for diapers. Apparently you can go online and join the potty dance!

I can't stand it either. I've got a 2 yr old and every time I watch it I get really upset that the mother gets up and dances with her kid instead of taking him to the bathroom. Doesn't make sense! TAKE YOUR KID TO THE BATHROOM!!!
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    The best commercials for me are the suzuki car commercials with the sumo wrestlers!!!!! Love those
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I bought my kids some Monkey Bum Powder. They're constantly talking about butt's and farts and everything else that goes on down there so I told them I would put it in their pants and every time they farted they would leave a green cloud behind them and everyone would know who did it.

They bought it and that's the last I've heard about farts and butt's!

On topic - The Doritos commercial where the guy is licking everyone's hands and pants is a little disturbing.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options

That guy came here and performed at the local zoo. my BF did the sound for him and apparently he was actually a real musician before, but found eh could make more $$$ selling out to kids tunes. *laugh*
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hate the Potty Dance, too. I also hate those bears that are constantly checking out each others *kitten* for toilet paper remnants.

I also do not believe that the shrimp fisherman goes to Long John Silver's when he wants to enjoy the best quality shrimp.

Oh god the Long John Silver's one makes me think of the Olive Garden commercials where the family takes Uncle Giuseppe who is visiting from Italy to have some endless salad and breadsticks... my fiance is Sicilian and he does NOT get it lol. Although I do love Olive Garden. ;)
  • leahcarrie
    leahcarrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hate yeast infection commercials. Yes we know the product exists. I don't need to see it on the T.V. everyday.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    the gain commercial that says:

how much gooder would your mornings be...

GOODER?! really? how moronic were the writers for this commercial?
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The Easy Tone commercial with Kim Kardashian!! A) I HATE Easy Tone shoes...seriously...are you REALLY going to get toned from doing the dishes in them?! :P (Ok, maybe you can, but I've yet to try it!) and B) being as I have young children that watch t.v during the day, it's a little too sexually explicit. Not saying I mind it personally, but I def. don't want my kids to see it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    There used to be a Tide commercial on Canadian TV that began with the voiceover "Tide asked Canadians..."

Say it out loud. It was my favourite.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    The gilette razor for women, for those "sensative" areas that require shaving....it showed a woman running (for the active lifestyle haha) past shrubbery and bushes...as she ran by them, they would spruce up, become instantly neat and trim....it took me a couple times of seeing it before I figured that this was just plain wrong!!!!!! I haven't seen it in awhile though....

I think I just lost two pounds laughing at this post!! I guess I have not seen this commercial but thanks for the laugh!!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options

Hahahaha! I forgot about this one. Nothing like using a bush as a metaphor for a woman's bits.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options

Hahahaha! I forgot about this one. Nothing like using a bush as a metaphor for a woman's bits.

The different shapes of the shrubbery? Makes me chuckle.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Do the (clap clap) Potty Dance.......Sorry I had to do it. My son LOVES that commerical when it comes on and it drives me nuts. Especialy because I have the stinking song in my head all day long afterwards.
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    There used to be a Tide commercial on Canadian TV that began with the voiceover "Tide asked Canadians..."

Say it out loud. It was my favourite.

That's hysterical!