need to vent

Options
ok this is nothing having to do with MFP but I just needed an open place to vent....:angry:

I work for a mortgage company, the corporate office is located in Dallas, TX and I am onsite at a "branch" in NC. I am a corporate employee, and not just a branch employee so I not only report to my boss here but as well as my boss in Dallas. Well I have a new one in Dallas...she doesn't know me knows abosolutely NOTHING about me, even though my previous boss at Corporate has told her great things about me blah blah ( I got blind copied on the email)
Well this new lady wants me to email her EVERY single day to tell her if I am at work and what my work load is and turn time and allt his stuff. I am like WTF are you kidding me??!! I have been doing 100 plus loans a month BY MYSELF nearly drowing in addition to training new people and helping process loans and no one once offered help even when I asked and now they want to micro manage me?! :explode:
Umm they can run reports just the same as I can. This is so freaking lame and I am really insulted right now. My boss here in INC (who is the BESTESTESTESTEST boss EVER!) is out of town until Thursday or else I would be grumbling in his ear to get them off my back.

One thing this lady is forgetting though...we can access our work email thru the internet from any computer...doh! and oh yeah I am set up to work from home-completley! I can do pretty much anything from home. Next they will be asking me to wear an ankle monitor so they can track my every move, how long I am gone for lunch etc...

stupid ppl!!

ughh anyways thanks for reading...

Replies

• Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    ok this is nothing having to do with MFP but I just needed an open place to vent....:angry:

I work for a mortgage company, the corporate office is located in Dallas, TX and I am onsite at a "branch" in NC. I am a corporate employee, and not just a branch employee so I not only report to my boss here but as well as my boss in Dallas. Well I have a new one in Dallas...she doesn't know me knows abosolutely NOTHING about me, even though my previous boss at Corporate has told her great things about me blah blah ( I got blind copied on the email)
    Well this new lady wants me to email her EVERY single day to tell her if I am at work and what my work load is and turn time and allt his stuff. I am like WTF are you kidding me??!! I have been doing 100 plus loans a month BY MYSELF nearly drowing in addition to training new people and helping process loans and no one once offered help even when I asked and now they want to micro manage me?! :explode:
    Umm they can run reports just the same as I can. This is so freaking lame and I am really insulted right now. My boss here in INC (who is the BESTESTESTESTEST boss EVER!) is out of town until Thursday or else I would be grumbling in his ear to get them off my back.

One thing this lady is forgetting though...we can access our work email thru the internet from any computer...doh! and oh yeah I am set up to work from home-completley! I can do pretty much anything from home. Next they will be asking me to wear an ankle monitor so they can track my every move, how long I am gone for lunch etc...

stupid ppl!!

ughh anyways thanks for reading...
  • mamajones
    Options
    Oh gosh!! That would be annoying.

I hope she gives you some slack soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    Patience...I understand you...I also work on a "results-oriented" basis and not so much making my work about a structured plan...my boss however probably has an instruction sheet detailing how and when he should take a leak more efficiently. Patience...

My boss keeps telling me to try and be like my co-workers...my co-workers come to me for advice...he must think I was selling popcorn in the park until he decided to hire me, because sometimes he talks to me like I have no experience at all...that is very frustrating...patience...

Just remember...keep doing your job well...oriented towards results and not to useless details...eventually you will still have your job because you produce...and your boss will be annoying people with petty details in another company because they didnt move forward...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    keep your chin up, they will eventually decide you are doing your job and move to someone else.
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for your local boss to prove his/her mettle and settle the Texas newbie down a little. Play some politics girl.

Oh, and check your purse for a GPS device, she may be tracking you. :noway:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Keep on doing your job and you'll be fine. I realize it's frustrating but in the market the way it is - I know I am thankful for a job

I am in NC too!!!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Sounds like a new boss on a power trip.

Ugh. :sad:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps! I appreciate the support! I cannot wait until my boss here comes back... I am gonna let him put her in her place! (even though I personally would love to...I think it is wisest to let him do it.)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Micro-management from half way across the country! :laugh: and :angry:
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, this person is on a power trip. Her head is so big I am sure he has a hard time getting through the door. I have had a boss like that... She made my life hell, she got a few people fired because she did not like them... She was a back stabber, social climber, that is how she got that position. She wanted all her friends to work there, so it would feel like high school again...

Her is what you need to do: Keep doing your job the SAME way you were doing it before, confide in YOUR boss when he comes back, keep EVERY email that she sends you, send those emails to your home email and create a folder, keep your mouth shut to the others and keep you head held high. DO NOT LET HER CONTROL YOUR FEELINGS! I did some of those, but I let that woman take the better of me and I ended up quitting, my background is ruined because of it... I can no longer work it that same field.

In this economy you can not afford to quit without a new job on hand... Keep close to your boss and confide in him and keep the honesty coming.

Hugs! I will be thinking about you. :flowerforyou:

Shari