Fresh meat

Options
Hi, I'm new here. I was looking for something a lot less complicated that Sparkpeople, and I think I've found it!

I recently lost 20 pounds (161 to 140 since January 1, 2011) This is obviously great news except that... you can't really tell! I'm not sure where it's been hiding all this time and I am looking to lose about 10lbs more.

I carry the most weight in my stomach/legs and I'm looking to tone up and stick to a regular exercise routine. Another thing I'm looking to accomplish is learning how to cook! It's not that I eat fast food often, rather I will often make pasta or a sandwich instead of a wholesome dish because I simply don't know how. Ingredients and measuring seem overwhelming. Hopefully I can overcome my fear and find new healthier options to try!

Replies

• bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Every complicated recipe is simply several easy recipes combined :) One of my fave places to find good, healthy meals is eatingwell.com I love that people can leave reviews about what they did/n't like or how they adjusted a recipe. Good luck!
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I never use recipes............'.I make what sounds good to me.........my diary tells it all :) dont be afraid to just make something without a recipe it's fun :)
  • cmstaley1
    cmstaley1 Posts: 32
    Options
    I think the best way to learn to cook and what goes well together is watching food network, and trial and error of course. :wink:
  • strangle
    strangle Posts: 5
    Options
    Every complicated recipe is simply several easy recipes combined :) One of my fave places to find good, healthy meals is eatingwell.com I love that people can leave reviews about what they did/n't like or how they adjusted a recipe. Good luck!

Oh wow thank you for the link! Everything is really easy to understand and the tips/notes section is really helpful for newbies. I will definitely be using this site!
    I think the best way to learn to cook and what goes well together is watching food network, and trial and error of course.

Yes, that is exactly the problem I come across. I have NO idea what kinds of things go together. So making things without a recipe leaves me drawing a blank!

Luckily my boyfriend is more equipped at making and planning meals. I am not ashamed to admit he makes about 98% of our dinners together, but I guess I would like to be more helpful and know more about what I eat everyday. He is from up north so most of what he cooks is what I like to refer to as "cold weather food." Chicken and biscuits, potatoes, pasta, potatoes, bread with butter, potatoes..... Lol. Not exactly the healthiest or lightest options!