Why is it you always lose weight where you dont want to?

Options
Hey MFP Family

I am really happy I have lost weight, so far a stone, however the majority of weight loss appears to be from my bum and breast :-(
I used to be a happy 36DD, Now I've shrunk to a 36c :-(, My bum also seems to be disappearing,

I really want to lose weight on my legs and stomach.

Its just typical isn’t it ladies, but if I lose anymore on my breast I might have to reconsider this diet lol

Has this happened to you?

Replies

• shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It's just a matter of genetics. You have a genetic pre-disposition to where you put on weight and when. Typically the last place you gained weight is the first place it comes off. The first place it goes on is the last place it comes off.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear ya! I have lost 2 inches from my already small bust!!! :(
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Breast size is relative. When I first started losing I noticed the volume in my breasts going down and the rest of me was staying the same. I was getting really bummed about smaller boobs. Now a year later, my breasts are a 36DD because I have lost so many inches around my rib cage and back. Now I'm frustrated because my new chest doesn't fit into the kinds of clothes I'd like it to. Eventhough you are losing volume now in your cups, if you keep losing weight it will probably start coming off from other areas and then you'll have larger boobs again, if that makes sense. :) It's all about proportions.

I know we all get obsessed with how our bodies look but try and focus on the positive which is that you are changing your life to be healthier. It doesn't matter if you have big breasts if you are unhealthy and die early because you won't be here to care. Hehe. Keep going - you'll eventually lose the weight in the places you want to. It just takes time.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Yes, belly fat is the hardest to get rid of. Keep it up though, imagine how you will look when you get that waist smaller than your breast and bum!! (well I'm really telling you my goal). I can't wait to have a waist in the 25" range....lol My booty will look BIG then!!

Congrats on loosing!
  • JoanHolly
    JoanHolly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize. I too have gone done a few sizes. Which is ok with me a I used to be a 32ddd. I'll trade a smaller chest for a smaller waist anyway

I'm sure you look great even with a smaller chest. :)
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I gotcha! I'm having the same problems! I lose weight in my head!! I have a shrunken head while my belly and saddlebags refuse to budge!! My boobies have shriveled up too! :(
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! I am down to a 32b from 34D :sad: My boobs look deflated and now I understand why people get boob jobs :brokenheart:
  • alysonleah
    alysonleah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me scared to even workout now. My breasts are already small.

I have heard that doing strength training in the chest area keeps them very perky though. :)

I only wish I could lose weight in my butt...
  • alysonleah
    alysonleah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me scared to even workout now. My breasts are already small.

I have heard that doing strength training in the chest area keeps them very perky though. :)

I only wish I could lose weight in my butt...
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, I just hope I start losing more weight from my stomach and thighs :-)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    It's just a matter of genetics. You have a genetic pre-disposition to where you put on weight and when. Typically the last place you gained weight is the first place it comes off. The first place it goes on is the last place it comes off.
    this is kind of true, because the last place that i noticed where i gained was the dreaded back fat...around the bra line, and thats is the first place that is slowly going away...along with the chest area and face though. ive always had big theighs, and ive come to terms with that, but however, im doing lots of resistance training that involves that area, so atleast while my theighs may be big, they'll be muscle for the most part ; )
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    loose all the weight then get a boob job lol. Fake boobs rule!