Homeschool Math and Tickers

Options
deeharley
deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
Just thought some of you might like to know your tickers are being used in our math class today. My son is looking at your tickers and figuring out how much you have left, how much you've lost or how much you want to lose using the information provided to figure out the information that isn't.

By the way - some of you are doing REALLY GREAT!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Love it!! I may have to steal it for my girl next year. She'll be right at that stage.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Haha thank you, he can use mine too, but its kg so not such big numbers!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are using real things to help you with your lessons. Every day lessons that are based off of real life are the best.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Haha thank you, he can use mine too, but its kg so not such big numbers!

Ah that will force them to do the conversion math. More lessons for the kids.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As a fellow homeschooler / workout buddy...i LOVE it!!!!

Now...why don't you tell everyone that homeschooling in Alaska is sooooo awesome! The state provides funding for homeschoolers (in most cases $1800 or more, per child)...they'll pay for some Wii games, Kinect games and.......the most awesome one...Debbie just ordered Insanity for her son...paid for with school money! Is that cool or what?
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    As a fellow homeschooler / workout buddy...i LOVE it!!!!

Now...why don't you tell everyone that homeschooling in Alaska is sooooo awesome! The state provides funding for homeschoolers (in most cases $1800 or more, per child)...they'll pay for some Wii games, Kinect games and.......the most awesome one...Debbie just ordered Insanity for her son...paid for with school money! Is that cool or what?

Man when I lived in BC (Canada) we got $1000 per child and I thought we were doing well! Now we are in Saskatchewan and they provide---NOTHING! Not so fun to pay for it all, but worth the investment I say!