Weight Watchers

Options
Does anyone on here use a weight watchers type food plan. I need some help with my diet. Counting calories just isn't working that well. I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shift in a busy ER. And, I'm over 40. Okay, I'm almost 50. I need a lot of energy and I struggle with eating the right foods. I love everything else about this sight. But, I need a little more help with a diet plan. I don't seem to be loosing and my energy level is low.

Replies

• breannbrea
    Options
    What i do is i eat the weight watcher meals for lunch, they are really good and filling and affordable! I also get the weight watcher desserts which are great!
  • Court2180
    Court2180 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do WW and MFP. For the most part I stay within my calories & points. What kind of WW info are you looking for?
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am using the Food Pyramid to fulfil my daily calories set here on MFP. Eating the food pyramid helps you ensure that you are getting all the foods needed to provide you with the right amount of vitamins and nutrients and will keep you full longer. It really seems to be working for me so far as I have lost 28 lbs in 10 weeks. I drink a lot of water which also help me to stay feeling full, but I think it's the protein and complex carbs that help me have enough energy to work all day, spend 45 mins exercising and still have something left for my family. I feel really good since I started this approach! Good luck on finding what works for you!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 tomorrow. Started taking a multivitamin for over 50 and that seems to have helped, but I also find if I eat only 1200 cal. a day, I'm slugglish. I try to eat as close to 1400 as I can, it's hard to eat that much, but I try. Also the bigger and healthier my breakfast is the more energy I have. And I do not pay attention to that darn scale!!!! I watch how my clothes fit and how I look in them. The scale is the devil!!!!! Those things seem to be working for this old lady!!!!
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I try to plan my meals a day or so in advance so when that day comes around I don't have to fret about making bad decisions.
  • LuvsToSpin
    LuvsToSpin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also use the WW meals for lunches at work because they are portioned controlled and very filling. The WW ice cream desserts are a life savor for me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE ice cream. Is it possible to also keep some fresh fruit at work that you can munch on during your busy day?
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Increase your fiber- will help you feel fuller longer and add protein.... It will feel funny at first, but you'll get used to it, and you tummy will too. Drink lots of fluids and remember fruits and veggies are great- plan ahead and bring lots with you... I to work 12 hour nights as a nurse, not in the ER, but we have periods of high and low activity. My hubby laughs when he sees my "lunch" and thinks I'm preparing for a famine. But I like to snack and if I don't have it with me, I will go to the cafeteria and make bad choices... I usually bring fresh veggies (pea pods are my new favoirte- or carrots/celery, broccoli, cauliflower), string cheese, I had done hard boiled eggs, WW frozen meals are good, or a left over entree, and a piece of fruit and some nuts (almonds) That way I can cruch on foods that are good for me. Yogurt is a good one too...Feel free to add me if you'd like and you can see my diary... Just remember- I'm still nursing a almost 6 month old so I do have that bonus right now, so if I go over my calories, it is still okay... it is too hard to calculate what she is taking... Good luck to you!
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can check out my meal diary on my page if you want to get some ideas. I feel pretty energized everyday. I got a lot of my meal ideas from a guy at muscle max. He has me eating a fat, veggi and protien every meal. I do sometimes slip up and eat a snack thats not recommended (like cookies lol) but for the most part I try to stick to his plan of eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks a day.
  • Fabi42879
    Options
    I have actually done and kind of am still doing weight watchers.. I have done it in the past and have lost a bunch of weight.. almost forty lbs... but my problem is sticking with it.. If you don't like counting calories then you might not like counting points, but if you can get into it, it is one of the best programs out there for a realistic approach to dieting! After a while you figure out how to eat healthy and if you really dedicate yourself to it you can stop counting because you will have learned the proper way to balance your diet! that's just my opinion of course.. I recently have started again only I can't afford to officially join so I have been kind of doing it on my own with an WW app I downloaded on my phone, then I came across MFP and decided to give it a whirl.. I like it and it is similar to WW in some ways..:wink:
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had used Weight Watchers some years ago, and I love their program. I try to eat the same kind of well-balanced meals now, but I count calories instead of points. Send me a message if you want to talk more about it. Good luck!
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Haha this is too funny!! I totally agree with the scale being the devil. :laugh:
  • ll31tCH
    ll31tCH Posts: 16
    Options
    im in nursing school getting my RN at night and it puts me in class 5 hrs every night, what i do is bring a frozen meal of some sort, a salad and a fruit.. i always shop in advance and have a wide variety of meals in my fridge
  • pennypat
    pennypat Posts: 5
    Options
    I was curious about the new point system. Do you have any info on that? I tried WW online and used the old point system. It was difficult for me because, just like counting calories, I didn't always choose the right foods.
  • pennypat
    Options
    I'll have to check that out. I think WW is really healthy and that is my ultimate goal. I need to get a few lbs. off too. I've found that if it is really complicated that I have a harder time sticking with it. What kind of phone do you use? I have a droid.
  • pennypat
    Options
    I'm interested in how you're monitoring nutrition. How do you plan your meals?