I'm so depressed.

Options
Ugh, I can not lose weight!! ive tried everything! I give up!

Replies

• hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I thought that too. For about 15 years. Then last August I started recording every single thing I ate. That was my only rule--log every bite. After I had done that for about a month I could really see why I wasn't losing weight. Then I got a heart rate monitor and started exercising for real (instead of just pretending to exercise) 40 minutes/5 days a week.

Now I'm losing about six pounds a month. And you know what? It doesn't even really seem all that hard.

You'll figure out what works for you.
  • SakanaUshi
    Options
    Some more information would be helpful. What have you tried? What has gotten in your way?
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Don't give up! This site has many great tools and wonderful people to help motivate you and provide support.
    I have felt the same way before. This month the scale has been slow, but I did my body measurements and I lost inches in my
    belly and hips.
    We all lose differently. Sometimes the scale doesn't show it, but the body does. Stick with it and chin up!:flowerforyou:
  • veggeslady
    Options
    I know it can be very maddening...What can we do to help. Are you exercising?? What are you doing?? What do you eat?? I am so sorry!!
  • drad81
    drad81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you join MFP?
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Don't give up yet.

I'm sure you are Beautiful -- just like your screen name. How can we help?
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL, You picked a wonderful name for yourself, because you are. I think you should rethink. Throwing in the towel.
    I've been losing weight for 16 years.. And I lost some, and I have gain some and there have been times where I've gain it all plus more back.

You don't give up. You just keep on pushing forward. Yeah, We struggle, but there would not be a lesson learn with out the struggle. We struggle in school, work, and also in adult-hood... But we get up and dust ourselves off. It's all about dusting off, but we get back up and keep on riding,

Don't give up. Ride this thing out. It's going to happen.. Do some research and find what works for you.
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    Options
    Beautiful, does your food and exercise show a deficit? Check your sodium intake. There is a lot of hidden sodium in food, Especially processed and fast food. Clean or fresh foods are so expensive but they really to help. Also make sure you are getting enough calories. If not, your body sees this as starvation and metabolism slows even more. Try eating every 3 or so hours small meals if you haven't tried this. Stress is a killer to weight loss. I am very certain of this. I know how you feel, but you are on the right track. Keep talking and reaching out. Someone will see your post and reach back to you. We have to encourage each other. That is the beauty of this site. I have struggled a long time with weight . Please do not give up.''''''''''''''''''''''nissafull
  • alysonleah
    alysonleah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You just got to find out what works for you and what isn't working for you.