Isn't it great when people notice?

Options
oplik
oplik Posts: 16 Member
I am at thge point on my wieght loss journey where people have started to really notice my change in body shape.
I have lost in total 57lb (41lb since january with the help of MFP) and I desperately needed some new clothes. Since wearing my new 'now fitting' tops people are constantly noticing. This is a huge motivator for me and should be something you look forward to if you are a newcomer to MFP. My favourite complements so far are:

'where is the rest of you?'
'are you disappearing?'
'whats your secret?'

I am not a vain person at all, but I've got to be honest and say that these complements are really spurring me on.
Thanks to everyone on this awesome site because I read all your comments and recipe ideas, your success stories and your requests for help, and without those I would never be at this point in my life where I can honestly say that Iam turning my life around.

Thanks guys.

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job on the weight loss! (and for people noticing...it really does feel good!)
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    that is so great! congrats to you! it really is a great feeling!

a few months ago, i went shopping with a friend of mine and this guy that i went to high school with recognized me. we were never friends, nor did i even know what he looked like, but he somehow remembered me, and i remember him talking to me and saying "wow, you've sure lost a lot of weight from high school", which was two years ago, and even though i actually haven't lost that much, he noticed, and it felt damn good!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    It's sooooo great! Actually started happening to me today, a bunch of people at school were commenting about how good I looked, and asking what I have been doing. Haha, one girl asked if I was doing speed, b/c she said it's been a pretty fast transformation, she was hoping I had some kind of secret!

Congrats on your progress and new clothes!!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    It's sooooo great! Actually started happening to me today, a bunch of people at school were commenting about how good I looked, and asking what I have been doing. Haha, one girl asked if I was doing speed, b/c she said it's been a pretty fast transformation, she was hoping I had some kind of secret!

Congrats on your progress and new clothes!!

that's awesome. best comment tonight.
  • oplik
    Options
    Ah thanks guys. I feel great, and having people tell you that you look great is amazing.
    What a fantastic community this is.
  • oplik
    Options
    Haha, one girl asked if I was doing speed, b/c she said it's been a pretty fast transformation, she was hoping I had some kind of secret!

So if you had said you were doing speed, she would have done it too? Thats crazy!!!
  • oplik
    Options
    Thank you. And you are right, it really is great.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Fantastic effort! It is stories like these that keep us motivated. I bet you look amazing :-D

I hit my first goal this month too and felt great! Lots of friends commented on how I had changed on a whole. I met a "best friend" who commented on my hair, dress and shoes and said nothing about my shape and ignored my success story - I decided at that point that I can do without people like this in my life (I wasn't just being a b**ch don't worry - this came at the end of a very difficult decision about our friendship!)

Surround yourself with people who want to celebrate every step with you - you will continue to feel better about yourself both inside and out!

Keep up the good work! x
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Yes I think the "external validation" from others is probably the biggest reward of the whole process. Don't get me wrong, the scale moving, inches disappearing and pants loosening are all great but they usually occur in private.

I was shopping with my mom the other day and we ran into my best friend's grandmother. Without even a hello, she said "oh my gosh, you have lost so much weight!!!!". She just kept going on and on about how much thinner I looked. It was so nice to hear it from someone I'm not that close to (probably because they're more objective and honest), and in front of my mom too!

Keep up the great work and be sure to post success photos along the way so we can keep validating YOU!
  • rina62
    rina62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that you are getting noticed and its making you feel good. Keep up the fantastic hard work.
    I just started yesterday and i have a long journey ahead of me. But this topic is something i'm nervous about. I haven't seen anyone else have these thoughts but when i have lost weight before, the positive comments from people actually have the reverse effect on me. I actually am embarrassed and ashamed about my weight loss and feel vulnerable. Has anyone else felt like this?
  • bfh123
    bfh123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've gotten this every day this week from someone at work. I ran a 5k this past weekend and one lady told another lady " doesn't he look great, he's an athlete now,". Lol that made my week. :)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    We went to see our grand kids a couple of weeks ago. Our 7 year old grand daughter told me, "Grandpa, you are getting skinny!" That made my day. Later when she tried to sit up on my belly like she used to, she slid right off. Turning to me, she pouted, "I'm gonna miss that big old belly." I rolled...... :laugh:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome compliment - 'cause you know kids always tell the truth!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!