Hello! Would like some motivation!

Options
Hi,

I'm Amy; I currently live in the North West, UK.

I never had a problem with my weight until I settled down with my boyfriend at the time and kind of let loose! Now I’m out of this relationship, I kind of regard myself as a “chunky monkey” I’m 5”7 with a curvy body shape and weigh in at 13stone on the dot. I may not look 13st. but I can defiantly feel my body weight.

The problem is I decide to diet and never stick to it, it’s so tempting to just buy a “grab bag” rather than a salad while I am on my lunch, I never do any exercise – and I socially drink on a Saturday night which usually ends up in the kebab shop at the end of the night! :drinker: I have recently joined a local gym for ladies.

What I want to gain out of this website is a little motivation and make new friends that I can share the weight loss with!

Thanks for reading

:)!:smile:

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi amy, im emma :flowerforyou: welcome and gd luck
  • soniajc
    soniajc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Amy wishing you good luck in your weight loss
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy - welcome on board and best of luck with achieving your weight loss.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I like it when we get fellow UK'ers who talk in stones :D
    I am sure you have got this, you will find this site a huge help. Good luck feel free to add me if you like.
  • shezzab
    shezzab Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Amy

I'm new too, good luck and add me if you want.
  • amylou89_10
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Feel free to add me as well! :)
  • mlbigfella
    mlbigfella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy good luck, do you have a Wii consol? ive just got the Wii fit plus it realy help with exercise :)
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Hey... Good Luck!!! Just set your goals and stick to them... Remember, don't look at diet and exercise as a something you have to do... It's something you want to do... Once I figured that out, I was full speed ahead. You'll get where you want to go!!!!
  • amylou89_10
    Options
    Yes, I have the wii console - not a fan though. It's too tempting to sit down! haha!
  • amylou89_10
    Options
    Thats a great way too look at it biged! Thanks! :)
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Taking the first step is always the hardest, isn't it? I can relate to your intro: I gain weight all over, so I didn't really "look" as heavy as I felt... I'm almost half way to my goal and I can't believe how energized I feel after tweeking my habits! I really look forward to my workouts now because I have *finally* understood how to achieve my goals! (This website has been an incredible help). Don't worry, you actually can have some goodies on occasion ;-)

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • amylou89_10
    Options
    Thanks Lily!
  • mlbigfella
    mlbigfella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I see you go to the gym so keep it up hun you'll be fine. I have a multi gym at home and use it every night (to hang my clothes on) lol

I just need the motivation as you do, keep going girl we'll get there. :-)
  • blittle40
    blittle40 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello Amy and welcome..feel free to add me as well as anyone else. First tip is never use the word diet...its a lifestyle change..make a change everyday and exercise at least 3 days a week for 30 min...on the days that you don't feel like it (and we ALL have those days), do something quick like a fast walk for 20 min, or a workout program that you may have...just do something. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, this keeps your hunger cravings down and make sure you are getting enough fiber...this keeps your body feeling full as well.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You will just love it here. Nice to see more people from the UK here. Anyone feel free to add me. Always good to share goals and ideas. Rick
  • juliwan
    juliwan Posts: 2
    Options
    Go, Amy, go! Good luck!
  • juliwan
    juliwan Posts: 2
    Options
    Yay Wii Fit!