can anyone reccomend a good wii game for burning cals??

Options
im looking for a good exercise wii game, i have the wii fit but getting board of it, can anyone recommend a good one, i love dancing?? thanks xx

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    If you like dancing the wii just dance games are supposed to be good.

I have the wii biggest loser challange and you can choose your workouts from circuit training, box fit and yoga which is good i like a bit of variety and you can choose the length of the workout which is good too xx
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is awesome for the WII
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I love Step To The Beat!!! (Walk It Out in USA). You can walk, run, dance....anything as long as you keep to the beat......

Check out this link: http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=242

Have fun with whatever game you choose!

Sue :smile: x
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    YES, the just dance games will give you a really good burn!! There are personal trainer games as well that will give you daily workouts/nutrition. I have the second one, I think. You can set intensity, like my husband is in army and they actually have a category for that. I have been hearing a lot about zumba. If you get that, let me know what you think. Good luck! :)
  • timplar
    timplar Posts: 19
    Options
    I just previewed a Wii game named Mario Sports mix or something like that. This game has dodgeball, volleyball, etc. You makes you move, so you should burn some good calories.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    throw my vote in for just dance 2. i am terrible at it, but as long as i keep moving, i work up a pretty good sweat.
  • xx_JJ_xx
    xx_JJ_xx Posts: 4
    Options
    Golds Gym is great, it's all boxing, now that I'm determined to get into loosing my weight I'm going to have to dust it off!
  • slimsuzy14
    Options
    Zumba is great. An hour of non stop wiggling and fun! Burns about 348 cals in an hour
  • angelden4
    angelden4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii is awesome (if you like MJ's music that is). It's enjoyable so you don't realise how hard you're working.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd only recommend Zumba on the 360 if you are kinect enabled. For the Wii, I would recommend MyFitnessCoach (the original not the second one.).
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and I like it, but its not a good game if you're shy and don't have personal time/space to use it. Mostly because the dances, while being a good work out, are the stylized dances from videos, and I personally feel like an idiot doing them.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    EA active 2 is really good. It comes with a heart rate monitor and gets harder as you go along. I love just dance also:)
  • 247mumof5
    Options
    i have just dance 2 and ea sports i also do my kids junior dance with them but i would recommend ea sport it expensive but it has a heart rate monitor im doing the 9 week challenge which it good but i do ache the next day lol just dance 2 is good but im not very good at it so i wait till im in on my own as i dont like doing it in front of people
  • mrsfearby
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your replys , there a massive help xx
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I hadn't realized this, but DDR (dance dance revolution) is really intense depending on how high you set difficulty/or speed of beats. The Just Dance series is just as fun too.

Wii Fit and Wii Active are good too, but if I had to choose between the two, it'd definitely be wii active. Wii fit's games don't really....challenge me, but perhaps that's just me. Wii active can actually tell when I'm not putting my all into it.