Suggestions Please????

Options
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for low fat and healthy lunch?

Cant think of anything good today:)

Thanks

Sarah :)

Replies

• wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah

I have Food Doctor Pitta Wholegrain pitta with grated carrot and Hummous. Really tasty and very healthy. Rick
  • sjf1982
    sjf1982 Posts: 13
    Options
    Mmmm, sounds good :)

There are just so few options around where i work...it ia so easy to eat badly!

I really need to start bringing healthy options into work with me.

:)
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Tomato and basil soup with multi-seed bread for me today - probably a yogurt and kiwi fruit as well.

I hope you find something!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I take a lot of soups or sandwiches...got to watch the sodium in those though, I also make enough supper to have leftovers at lunch for a few days. Try planning you meals for the week on Sunday so you will be prepared.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, sounds good :)

There are just so few options around where i work...it ia so easy to eat badly!

I really need to start bringing healthy options into work with me.

:)

I take it to work daily. You can get the flavoured ones now as well, jalpeno etc. Try it. Rick
  • cjreesejr
    cjreesejr Posts: 22
    Options
    i was just about to say yeah bring lunch. if you end up eating out applebees, boston market,and subway have a decent selection of meals under 550 calories.Only issue with these meals is not only are they low calorie a lot of the times the portions suck.I often sit there and think of course this damn steak and potato meal is under 550 calories cause the steak is the size of a dice
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    A couple of packs of Chicken of the Sea Salmon, Whole wheat Bread, Hot Sauce, and baby carrotts on the side(instead of chips).
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Sushi or Sashimi! YUM
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You have to bring your own, it soon gets to be a habit.

I do home made soup with a seeded pitta bread quite often.
    Today's is a tortilla wrap filled with prawns, rocket and cottage cheese, and then some strawberries.
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Today I am having soup, 'Super Green Soup' which is 600g and 210 calories. It contains, potato, beans, peas, mint, broccoli. Healthy and very very low fat!

If I want a filling low fat lunch, I would get a small pack of chicken, cut up some tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, and spring onion. The chicken really will fill you up.
    I also enjoy fish for lunch as most small fillets poached or steamed can be around 90-100 calories, add in some lovely veggies at around 50-100 calories and you have a filling dinner, very low calorie and very low fat- so you could even squeeze in a tasty dessert (healthy mind)
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    salad, with chicken on top. yummy
  • sjf1982
    Options
    Thats the biggest problem...i dont want to feel hungry almost straight after lunch...

Also need to cut down on my protein intake... hmmm :)
  • sjf1982
    Options
    mmm....wrap sounds amazing! Will def be trying that one out next week :)

Thanks!