Bananas

Options
As a runner I know what fantastic fuel Bananas can be but I cannot stand them! They are so healthy and even come in their own wrapper!! But just someone eating one around me makes me feel ill.... so can someone please recommend some quick and healthy, portable fuel for me??

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    strawberries, blueberries all types of berries
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    strawberries, blueberries all types of berries

Totally agree. Add peanuts to that too!!
  • vee280875
    vee280875 Posts: 11
    Options
    Dates!!!!!!
  • wednesday21
    Options
    Nakd bars, available in health food stores. come in apple pie, coco loco, berry cheeky.. all 100% natural made from dates outs and fruit juices and only 100 cal per bar. As a runner myself these are a great pick me up for sugar and essential fat from the nuts
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    nuts
    a protein shake?
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tanx Wednesday. I can't eat many bananas either. Not b/c I don't like them,but they don't digest like they should in me.
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I mean "thanx" Wednesday.
  • cjreesejr
    cjreesejr Posts: 22
    Options
    to be honest if i want a quick burst of energy esp if i am doing a long distance run i do jelly beans or gummy bears.if you do a lot of running and use those energies they are quick burning carbs.if you want sustained energy i eat oatmeal and that really keeps my energy up without crashing.i also found a great drink called FRS. they have diff flavors and it it a healthier energy drink. they are low calorie ranging from 25-90 calories and give you enery from a large amount of b vitamins and minimal amounts of caffiene(about 1/2 a cup of coffees worth)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    When I played soccer, my coach always gave us oranges to eat before the game (again a fruit that comes in it's own package). They will give you the quick sugar, but also have fiber. Not quite as good as a banana for longer lasting energy, but still all natural.
  • Jassper
    Jassper Posts: 25
    Options
    Oranges, have their own wrapper as well, and apples you can eat the wrapper.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Apples...for me they are as filling as a banana and have similar sugar numbers.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, but it seems like almonds, peanut butter crackers, but those might make you extra thirsty and they are protien, whereas, a banana is a carb. How do you feel about kiwi or cantaloup? Those have potassium and vitamin c like a banana. The kiwi would be more portable, but you need something to eat it with or cut it.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Tanx Wednesday. I can't eat many bananas either. Not b/c I don't like them,but they don't digest like they should in me.

I can't do bananas for the same reason. but I was watching Dr. Oz and he said to eat them on an empty stomach and you won't keep burping them. I tried that and it worked like a charm.