cherry coke

Options
I am never drinking this again - I only picked it up as an alternative to diet coke - just for a change.

I have just wasted 260 calories of my 1300 on a blummin drink! Grrrr

Especially when the alternative I was gonna go for is 0 calories!

This is where this website is good, as it makes you start thinking of what you're having, and if you are happy with the alternative, then you will now go for that instead!

Replies

• ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Try cherry coke zero. It's amazing.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    my two biggest vices were mountain dew and sprite. I still have sprite in the fridge but have not touched that for 3 days (today WILL make day 4). I also have mountain dew and will admit I had one sunday BUT I had it with my headache pills (get bad headaches from two compressed discs in neck) and the dew helps them kick in faster. Other than that, I am finally getting to where I don't have to have a pop in my hand every second of every day -that is huge progress for me :-)
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola is my biggest vice - I'm off it at the moment for Lent but it'll be a struggle to resist it after Easter!! I am going to try my best to limit myself to weekends only, but I have no willpower when it comes to that!!!
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Water is always a great alternative! :bigsmile:
  • chrishillfl
    Options
    I can relate. You start thinking about what the best way to "spend" your precious calories. When it comes to sweets, you start wondering if the taste of it is worth the high cost. LOL
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    before you buy cherry coke zero please look at the sugar in that one.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water.
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    I love diet cherry dr. pepper. Mmmmm
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Coffee addict here. Only it's not the coffee that is so bad but what you might put in it!! Great fat free options available (re creamers).
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love diet cherry dr. pepper. Mmmmm
    That was my biggest problem before I started on MFP! I have one every once in a while, usually one on an off day.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was a big, big addict of both Coca-Cola and Pepsi. Back in college, when I was making my transition from my fit-army-body towards the body I had a month ago; I was drinking 3 to 4 cans of soda per day minimally.

Then I ween myself down to a can a day, then eventually drinking soda only when going out to dinner; which unfortunately was most days of the week. So I completely understand the struggles of giving up the soda.

When going on "diets", my favorite soda would be Diet Rite (zero everything on the nutrition label). Its made with Splenda, which I hear has a negative side, but I forget what it is. (Oh yeah, rumor was it interferes with memory.) The taste of Diet Rite is okay, but much better if you add a slice of lime (sometimes lemon). There are other flavors too.

However, the best drink I've gotten into is water. I could not believe that I'm that person with a water bottle sitting on my desk instead of a soda can. It was challenging at first, and maybe only a few days (which will be different for everyone). For me, it boils down to choices. Saying "no" to soda is saying "yes" to so much more.

$0.02
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There is no sugar in cherry coke zero.

It's all cherry goodness without the insane calories of regular cherry coke and it doesn't have the after taste of other diet drinks. I don't know why anyone drinks diet coke anymore when coke zero taste so much like the real thing.

I've switched to drinking water, but once in a while I get a craving for something that tastes sweet and cherry coke zero helps.
    before you buy cherry coke zero please look at the sugar in that one.