IM STUCK!!! HELP!!!

Options
I have hit a stone stuborn wall called a PLATEAU!!!!! It has been 4 weeks that I haven't lost any weight!!! I've been working really hard everyday and sticking to a good diet!!! I'm about to throw my scale againts the wall!!!! This is the time in our weight loss struggle that peopIe tend to give up and I refuse to do that!!! I feel really great and like I have lost weight but the scale tells me other wise!!! I have been reading up on how to get through it and that is by eating ALL of your calories including you exercise calories, so that is what I will try. The only thing that is concerning me is this........ How am I suppose to take in like 1700 calories in a day by eating ALL healthy food. All the healthy food I eat is any where from 20 calories a serving to 100 calories a serving. I feel like I'm always eating as it is and I do try to be done eating by 6pm. So in 12 hours from 6am to 6pm I need to get all of those "healthy" calories in. I do have my diary open so if anyone would like to take a look and tell me what I might be doing wrong or give me some suggestions on whay kind of food I can eat that is still considered "healthy" food, I'd really appreciate some feed back.

Sincerley
:explode:
-Very fusterated!!!!

Replies

• MissLedford87
    Options
    my personal trainer at the gym told me if i stop loosing to try and change up my excersize routine. that might help?
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I've just broken (I think!?) a 4-week plateau myself, and definitely sticking to the calories that I'm meant to eat helped. i.e. eating back exercise calories, netting 1200+ a day.

Eat healthy, calorific foods to get up to 1200. Drink fruit smoothies to bring up calories or munch on flaked almonds (my favourite). Healthy does not necessarily mean low calorie in all cases...
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You should eat your calories from exersise back! on days i know i'm going to the gym, i log my exersie in the morning , then have bigger meals those days!

"How am I suppose to take in like 1700 calories in a day by eating ALL healthy food. "look at my diary , it can be done if you plan ahead!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You may be retaining water and want to start tracking your sodium levels and drinking plenty of water.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Since your breakfast is only 100 calories, how about adding a piece of wheat or rye toast with peanut butter. That might kick start your metabolism for the day:flowerforyou:
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Try a protein shake? Those are healthy and are higher in calories...
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did switch it up! I was walking for 30 mins a day and jogging 32 flights of stairs through out the day and lost my 24lbs. So I stopped working out for 1 week and started the 30 day shred. I am on day 10 level 1 today and I walk 45 mins 3 days a week!!!! So I don't know......:sad:
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It's possible to get your calories from healthy food - but honestly you have to cook.

Try something like this: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/raviolo_arugula_pecorino.html

or: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_red_pepper_pasta.html

or some simple things: http://webecoist.com/2008/10/28/14-quick-vegetarian-recipes-for-the-hopeless-cook/

Drink lots of water! You can do this!
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I notice that you eat pretty much the same exact thing every day! You need to get some variety. For breakfast,,,Have crereal one day, and try an egg the next..and so on. The same for lunch - you need more variety...make a whole turkey breast and have some with your salad and on a sandwich once in a while...you are doing an awesome job!! Hang in there! :drinker:
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your quick feed back. Thanks modernfemme for the recipe ideas, I will deff. check them out. Sunlovin1 protein shakes are a really good idea. Belightyear, I plan on adding wheat toast to my breakfast this morning, thought about that last night, thanks! Plumpinky, I am a saltaholoic and do take in about 120oz of water everyday, I will try and lay off the salt.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You seem to be eating pretty well. I'd also suggest a carb at breakfast, maybe some oatmeal with the yogurt and berries. Also, when I hit a plateau I added 3 walnuts and 1/4 avocado a day. It seemed to help.

Good luck to you, you are doing great!

j
  • keepsiejess
    keepsiejess Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Is that 120 oz, like one gallon? I think you may be onto something.
    I dont know the dynamics of salt intake and water retention, but it is worth investigating. Not to mention, really good to cut back on salt for the ol blood pressure...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium #1. Also to up your calories you can add nuts, peanut butter, avocados...also you can cook with extra virgin olive oil or use it with a little vinegar for salad dressing.