Is it just me?? or...

Options
Is it just me? or is weekend just so much better for exercise then weekdays? Or is weekdays easier for others?
Well for me I just don't have time or I'm tired weekdays! ( I still do it ) But don't enjoy it like weekends when I dont have class and I can do it in my own time!? for others weekends are a killer But basically I'm asking....

How do people fit exercise into there weekdays?

If people could give me a quick view on there average weekday it would help!
when do you exercise, what do you do?
energy tips etc.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Me, Like alot of others, are the exact opposite. My weeks are great eating/work outs, and then FAIL on weekends becasue of too much booze and yummy food ha ;)

But here is my day:

Mon to Thur - Work 6:30 - 4:30 - gym right after that. I bring my work out stuff with me to work. When it finally gets nice out in Minnesota, I also walk with some coworkers during our lunch. Or after work, run outside. Also do Kettlebell DVD at home, and work with a trainer once a month.

If it is important to you, you will always find time.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Right now, the weekends are usually too busy for me. I take classes online and homeschool my youngest. I sometimes have a bunch of homework to finish on the weekends, and there is church on Sunday. I exercise during the week when I take a break from the homeschooling. I usually exercise in front of the tv while watching the tv show The Doctors.

When it warms up I hope to take more walks outside. It is hard for me to walk outside, because I like someone to walk with me, and no one in this house wants to.

I will be at the pool every day in the summer. My 6 year old begs me to take her often. It is right in the park I live in. When school is out I hope to take the family on hikes every Saturday.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I take my weekends off pretty much,Its the only time I really get to spend time wth my fiance.95 percent of my workouts are done 2hours after I get up.But spring is comming and am hoping to get outdoors and do some running !!:bigsmile:
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I do my "structured" exercise during the week (gym, workout vids. etc.). On weekends I enjoy hiking, biking, outdoorsy stuff. I'm more reliable during the week.
  • tenniskad2
    Options
    I feel the same way, but I have been living by this montra: "You have to DO ITwheater you like it or not, wheather you FEEL like it or not"- I go to the gym Mon-Thursday, take Friday off... and enjoy whenever on the weekends... it's so much easier and better. Sometimes we just have to SUCK IT UP!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I work 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. Normally manage to work out 1-2 hours each evening. Manage what I can at wekend - if we're not busy I can do at least 3 hours on Saturay & Sunday :bigsmile:

Sue :smile: x
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I work 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. Normally manage to work out 1-2 hours each evening. Manage what I can at wekend - if we're not busy I can do at least 3 hours on Saturay & Sunday :bigsmile:

Sue :smile: x
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My weekdays are better too. On on more of a schedule when working. Weekends tend to be busy with running around. I still fit exercise in but the eating and drinking water is more of a problem. My schedule durnign the week is work 7:30am - 4pm. Homework with my daughter after work and dinner by 5:30pm so I can go to my Zumba classes Mon & Tues @ 6:30pm, & Weds @ 7pm. I do go Sat mornings to Zumba at 9am and Sundays I do Zumba tonng at 5:30pm & then the regular Zumba class at 6:30pm. I'm always busy but I keep going.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It's easier at weekends as my husband is home so he can watch the children while I go for a run. During the week I only get thursday mornings free to go running, though I do do an exercise class on Monday mornings too.
    I am doing the 30 day shred at the moment, but I don't think it's for me. I have to do it in the evenings, as I can't during the day with my son hovering around, and I feel a bit bad shutting hubby out of the tv room for half an hour while I make myself look like a prat. I also don't think it's much of a workout. Sorry to those who love it.
  • genianc
    genianc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. During the week, I'm a stay at home mom (and work part time from home) of two little boys. I can't go to the gym until my husband gets home from work. By then I've been through the wringer with crying kids, housework, dinner, dog, etc. But on the weekends... it's actually fun to get out of the house on an early morning or afternoon. To exercise at my pace... not worrying about having to make it home before the kids need to be put to bed. Ahhhh. Basically what this all means is that we need more weekends huh? Keep up the hard work!
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was a student, I would work out at night (anywhere between 7pm-11pm) on the weekdays and use the weekends to relax and let my body recover and just made it a normal habit.

Now I usually exercise in the morning on the weekdays and weekends, because I work later in the afternoon. I regularly am a morning person, so I feel that is when I have the most energy. I made it a part of my regular routine to wake up and just go, allowing no time to talk myself out of it.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Me - when the baby is sleeping or quiet I do my workout. I do the Wii My Fitness Coach, I move the sofa back and clear me some space in the lounge - usually 30 min cardio, sometimes I put my own music on for it which tends to be a lot faster and revs me up a lot.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. During the week, I'm a stay at home mom (and work part time from home) of two little boys. I can't go to the gym until my husband gets home from work. By then I've been through the wringer with crying kids, housework, dinner, dog, etc. But on the weekends... it's actually fun to get out of the house on an early morning or afternoon. To exercise at my pace... not worrying about having to make it home before the kids need to be put to bed. Ahhhh. Basically what this all means is that we need more weekends huh? Keep up the hard work!

I also have 2 boys and work part time from home, so I totally get where you are coming from!
  • Searsh
    Searsh Posts: 27
    Options
    I must be the youngest person on here! haha

everyone have jobs, babies, work etc

Me...I'm a student and on fridays, saturdays, n sundays I have absolutly nothing todo!
    haha

so weekends are fine I fit in my exercise :)

and on weekdays I suppose SUCK IT UP! and do it tired or not!

thanks guys!
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    It all depends on your life. I'm a stay at home mom, and during the weekdays I exercise when the toddler naps and the other is in school. Often the weekend will go by and I don't get a workout in because the 6 year old is home and wants my one on one attention while her sister naps. Good luck to you!