Unsure

Options
Was just wondering, after you lose weight, let's say 10-15 pounds, do you recaulate your calorie intake???? If so, how????

Replies

• BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too...
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I think that MFP does it for you..To be sure I would go and "change" your settings.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It was said that MFP does it after every 10 lb lost unless you customize your settings. If so then you will have to do it manually unless you set it back to MFP suggestions.

Go under My Home, Goal, Click Change Goals and chose the option of customize if you want to do it yourself.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I believe if you have your "goals" page set to 'automatic" then MFP will adjust that for you each time you weigh in, in order to keep you at the rate you chose to lose it.
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    MFP will tell you it is time to change your settings after about 10 pounds. Then you just go back to your goals with your current weight and let it recalculate.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    on your home page - if you click on the button marked check in it gives you the option to enter
    your current weight and then it will automatically recalculate calories.

just remeber it doesnt ever go below 1200.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    it's really an issue of goals. If you want to keep losing weight, keep doing what you've been doing. If you are moving into a maintenance phase, then you can probably up your calories a bit.

Also, if you started out sedentary and have added muscle (or conditioned the muscle you already had) then you might be able to add some more calories. You might want to change your fitness profile in settings in this case.
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Go to your homepage. At the top, there's a tab that says goals. Then customize and voila! : )
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would also like to comment on how awesome this community is. By the time I finished my post, there were already 4 new posts! It's good to see so much help and activity.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I do it after every 10lbs. I go to goals and re-enter the information with my new current weight. I always lose some calories in my daily total but then have a nice big loss until I get closer to the next 10 lbs mark.
  • sallyfromhereford
    sallyfromhereford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes
    ..you need to reduce your calorie intake
    .....if you change your prfoile weight to new lighter you weight then this programme will revise your intact for you
    ..wish I was in position to lower my weight on my profile
    ...early days for me
    ..well done and keep at it
  • queenofgracey
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!! I've got it now!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: