Tilapia/Salmon

Options
Hi All,

I was wondering...does anyone have any great tilapia or salmon recipes to share??

Aleea

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yep! Get Mccormicks grill mates....all of them are delicous. Sprinkle on your salmon and then spray a frying pan with butter flavored pam. Pan fry to desired doness. I like mine well done. Tilapia is amazing almost anyway you cook it. I like to sprinkle mine with cajun seasoning and either toss it on the George Foreman, or in the oven, or pan fry it...then make a side of brown rice or quinoa with okra and tomatoes. Feeds my cajun roots!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Not off the top of my head but check out skinnytaste.com! Amazing, yummy, lowfat recipes for everything from main dishes to dessert! :smile:
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I cook tilapia all the time! I just use a marinade and cover the bottom of the baking dish, place the tilapia on top of it, then season with ms dash and pepper. Bake for about 20 mins. The marinade helps to keep the fish really moist!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    Table spoon of evoo in the bottom of a baking dish, salmon filet on top of it, squeeze of lemon or orange or lime on the salmon then sprinkle organic season salt on the top of that and bake until it's crusty on top and flakey in the middle. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Simple and delish
  • missielou
    missielou Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love talapia simply baked with lemon juice ....delicious and I don't think it needs alot on it

Salmon I prefer with some type of mustard(preferably spicey for me) sauce on top

no specific recipes...I really just wing it when I cook anything...but maybe that'll give you an idea
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What kind of marinade?
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That is so funny, I was just going to ask the same question!!!! :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I pan sear my Talipia with only salt and cracked pepper. I have a 'tarter' sauce made of low-fat Mircale Whip and sweet relish.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I will sear either in a little EVOO then I sprinkle with dill as it cooks. I then mix a little lemon juice and dill with some light mayo and eat the fish dipped in Mayo. Very good!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    2 filets of either.

I pan fry in a 1/2 tbls of olive oil and sear on both sides. Then I take 1 tbls. of Barbeque sauce mix in 1 tsp. of smuckers low sugar jelly. Brush one side turn it over for 10-15 seconds and do the same on the other. It's great.

Also mix 1 tbls. low fat mayo with 1 tsp. low fat sour cream and 1 tsp. mustard.
    Brush fish with mixture and sprinkle with 2 tbls. of breadcrumbs. Bake 350, time depends on how thick the fish is.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Tilapia - I like to cook mine with julienned veggies and lots of garlic, with a little white wine sauce, salt and pepper.

Salmon - I find that I like it best when I bake it with some veggies in an aliminum pocket. You can use wax paper too.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Love this topic. I could definitely use some more fish in my life.

Check out cookinglight.com. They have a great recipe database. This is one they had in last month's issue: Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=50400000110429
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump-all of this sounds sooooo good! I just bought some Tilapia filets at Aldi's the other day, now I can put them to use!
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My friend cooked me this weight watchers recipe the other day, and served it with brocoli and new potatos, it was lovely... Sorry I don't know the calorie value though, just the weight watchers points! shouldn't be too hard to work out!

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/community/rcp/detail.aspx?ID=65981
  • lEEAVii20
    lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks all :)
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Tilapia- parchment paper pouches: just take a few peppers of your choice (I like red and green) a little onion (I like red), carrots, any veggie really, throw in a few grape tomatoes and a few sllices of citrus (I like lime or lemon) fold the packet up and bake it for about 12 minutes at 425. Serve with rice. :)

Salmon- Cedar grilled. Get some cedar planks. Soak them all day so they don't burn. A bit of salt and pepper on the salmon, salmon on the board, board on the grill and let it grill until done. serve with cous cous, rice, or quinoa. YUMMY!

I also like to make a compound butter and since I don't use oil on the fish, I feel okay about a pad of flavored butter. (chives, lime zest, garlic all blended in unslated butter. )
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You can cook tilapia almost anyway you can cook halibut or cod also. They are all gentle white fish. So if you search cookinglight and find a good halibut recipe, you can sub tilapia with just a little shorter cooking time.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You can cook tilapia almost anyway you can cook halibut or cod also. They are all gentle white fish. So if you search cookinglight and find a good halibut recipe, you can sub tilapia with just a little shorter cooking time.

I did find out that you can't quite season cod the same way you season Salmon. The sweeter seasonings (like maple) overwhelm cod. But There is a great copy cat recipe of Luby's Almadine Fish for haddock but I use cod with it and its just as good!

LUBY'S CAFETERIA BAKED HADDOCK ALMONDINE

1 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
    1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
    2 (6- to 7-ounce) haddock, cod or other fish fillets
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup mayonnaise
    Water

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

In small bowl, combine crumbs, almonds and butter. Mix well. If necessary, add additional melted butter, mixing well, just until crumbs hold together. Coat fish with flour; shake off excess. Place skin side down in baking pan large enough to hold in a single layer.

Spread mayonnaise evenly over fish. Sprinkle evenly with crumb mixture, lightly pressing into fish. Carefully pour water around fish to 1/8-inch depth. (Take care and pour the thinnest layer of water possible around the fish so you don't wet the topping. This helps fish cook up moist and tender.)

Bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.

Yield: 2 servings.

Note: To toast almonds, spread them on a cookie sheet and toast at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Any favorite fish fillet may be used.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm making a tilapia soup this afternoon with tilapia, crushed tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt/pepper, sliced onion, and parsley.