Favorite Netflix Streaming Workouts?

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
I'm working my way through the workout videos available on Netflix streaming. I'm broke and cheap, so this is a good way to have access to loads of different workouts without shelling out any money for DVDs. I haven't bothered with the mail-order dvds because I'm terrible at returning things on time. :laugh:

So... who's tried them? What ones to you like?

Last night, I did "Trainer's Edge: Killer Abs and Back with Michael Olajide." Some cardio kick boxing moves, followed by some floor work for abs. It kicked my butt, and I loved it. The trainer was engaging and charming, and he had a kickass eye patch! What I really liked was that I was able to mostly keep up, and the reviews were full of people saying that this workout was more for athletes than beginners. Me? Athletic? Cool!!!

I also like all of the Crunch series that I've tried, and the "10 Minute Solutions" for Yoga and Pilates. Self Magazine has some pretty good ones, too.

But the dance workouts make me realize just how little rhythm I have! Actually... the rhythm is ok. It's getting my feet and arms to keep up that's a problem! I seem to do better in a Zumba class than trying a video at home... probably because I'm comparing myself to other normal human beings in a class, rather than dancers who have the routine down pat. :smile:

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I didn't realize Netflex had those... So cool...
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    WOOOO so happy you mentioned it! I have Netflix and I'm gonna see which ones I like :)
  • woodsk1
    woodsk1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Did not realize they had them.. That would be nice when travelling. Just stream a workout! Thanks for the tip
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be sure to try some!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    LOVE the 10 minute kickboxing. As well as the one you mentioned the crucnch total sculpt.

If you can or want to get one not streaming, there is a total combat with Kimberly Spreen...HIGH calorie burn there...
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Netflix does streaming workout videos TOO??? I LOOOOOOOVE that!!!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I couldnt fins any on my netflix! but maybe because I am in Canada?? I will look again because they sound great!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I just got streaming for Netflix, so anxious to check out what they have. If they have any Jillian Michaels DVDs I highly recommend her. Jackie Warner is great too.
  • lovinlife71
    lovinlife71 Posts: 230
    Options
    I love Netflix!!! I have only tried the crunch series so far. I love Zumba so I do a lot of the dancing ones.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I didnt know Netflix had workout videos!!!!!! I will have to check it out! :bigsmile: Im so happy about this!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Not a calorie-burner by any means, but when you really need to stretch and relax I recommend the Crunch Candlelight Yoga. It's super low impact in the first place and they have modifications if you have limited range of motion. It's definitely one of those ones you could use before going to bed because it just relaexs you so well. I use it when I feel myself getting really tight.
  • mjpet
    mjpet Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow. i didn't realize that they have those.. Thanks for mentioning it, I am going to try them this week or next. I'm trying to do different types of exercises so i don't get run down doing just one thing.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like the:
    Pick Your Level Weight Loss Pilates
    Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast

They do have Biggest Loser dvds too.

I haven't been able to try a whole lot lately! I'm looking forward to seeing what others say.
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just started w Netflix and I've only tried one on the streaming workouts. I'm only on week two of doing the 10 Minute Solution: Target Toning.

There are 5 10 min sections; thighs, butt, abs, arms and power strech. I've yet to do the power strech section, and the others I do one section a day. Because it's broken up in 10 min sections, it's really easy to fit it in around my kids.

It's great for beginners (which I am). Each section is jut long enough for me to get a little burn going on, but not so much that I end up feeling like I'm gonna die if I have to do one more lunge or crunch or whatever. I think if you're more advanced it wouldn't do to much (if anything at all) for you... but I wouldn't know because, as I mentioned, I'm a beginner.

I'm thinking I might give some of the other 10 min. solution ones ago, because I really like being able to put in 10 mins here or there. It's just usually easier to find 10 mins than it is to find an hour w the kiddos.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    As an FYI, I had a hard time browsing for them through the app on the Playstation, but you can find them easier if you go to Netflix.com and add them to your queue from there.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    OMG!!! Didn't know netflix had workout dvds streaming! thanks for helping me not pay $10 to buy the dvd
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to look these up too! Glad for the suggestions :) Though I wish they had more of them streaming :( I did take the suggestion of adding them to the instant queue online instead of through the game console. Now I just need the time and motivaton to get to them!! Also I don't like doing them in front of my husband...I always feel silly :(
  • lauriewooley
    Options
    I have tried searching for fitness and workouts and nothing pops up? What am I doing wrong?
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have tried searching for fitness and workouts and nothing pops up? What am I doing wrong?

Netflix removed all the exercise workouts from streaming. Only available on their monthly dvd plan.