Low Car/High Protein Friends Wanted

Options
Mmmary212
Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
Hello, I was on MFP before but deleted my account and now I'm back again, so I'm "new" here, but not new to the site. I'm wanting some friends who share the same food agenda...Low Carb/High Protein.

If you're doing the same...will you be my friend??

Replies

• SmartestRat
    Options
    Hi, Mary!
    I'm experimenting with this myself. I'm keeping the carbs under 100 grams a day and have found it easily. My protein is somewhere around 1g/lb of body weight, maybe a little less. I'm a also a recent convert to whole foods. How low are you going? Is it working well for you?
    Nice to meet you!
    Shayna
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i will be your friend , hmmm as long as you are not contrary (refrence to your name i am not trying to start something) i am going to go send a freind request now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

anyone else replying to marymary feel freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to friend me as well

think i am feeling a little goofy today , cause i have lost around 7lb (though only 4 shows here) this week since i went back to the hi pro/ lo carb
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm doing lower carbs and high protein, 40% carbs, 30% protein :) It's not the full atkins style extra low carb thing since I don't really believe in cutting anything out almost to nothing, but I've cut back from 55% for a while since all the extra carbs does is bloat me and I need the added protein for my strength training.
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)

Heidi
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I too am following a low carb high protein diet. I am doing the atkins, I am on week 5 right now and I am still on the induction phase. I plan next week to start increasing my carb into the OWL phase. Feel free to add me!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'll on week 3 of the NEW Atkins--lots more veggies! I messed up (big time!) last night but I'm back to it today. I feel so much better when I cut out the sugars and simple carbs!

Be prepared, though, for all the people who will need to tell you how everything we are doing is wrong and unhealthy!
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've been doing the Low Carb/High Protein diet since 3/1/11 and i've lost 10lbs. I'm sure I could have lost more if I exercised more. Feel free to add me as a friend as I could use all the support I can get. Good Luck to everyone here!!!
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    I started this past Sunday. I feel great! I have cut my carbs out tremendously and will for a few weeks...I'm not following any sort of plan, just doing my own thing. I'm still keeping calories in check.

I feel great, I'm in a great mood, I am struggling to eat all my calories because all the proteins keep me so full! I'm needing a bit more fiber (lol) but I've already seen the scale move down!

This is definitely the jump start I needed and this is much easier (for me) than just simply counting calories, cause I'm one to skip dinner and eat 2 cinnamon rolls LOL That wasn't working.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to follow low carb/high protein, but having trouble getting a lot of protein without going over my allotted calories for the day. Can someone give me some ideas or post a daily menu of what you eat?

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    I am also trying to follow low carb/high protein, but having trouble getting a lot of protein without going over my allotted calories for the day. Can someone give me some ideas or post a daily menu of what you eat?

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm eating a lot of eggs...like 7-8 per day (not at one time). That seems to be helpful for me. I'm not really sure what I'm doing, I'm just taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best! LOL But I'm logging everything, so feel free to look at my diary.

I've found the oopsie rolls to be really helpful! I love sandwiches and hamburgers and this makes it possible!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i am but i don't have my diary open
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Mary--I really like the Oopsie Rolls, too. I also tried some flaxseed "bread" but the Oopsie Rolls taste better.

Soozie--I'm just counting my net carbs for now and I'm keeping track on paper but my days look a lot like Mary's.

Friday will be a challenge because we are going to my church's fundraiser--Spaghetti and then bingo and a silent auction. I plan on having something before I go and then eating the salad.
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    Bump!