Couch to 5K (start 4/4/11)

Options
nehtaeh
nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
Anyone starting the Couch to 5K around this time? I plan to start on Monday and would love some people to do it along with me, not necessarily exact timing. The motivation will be great to keep me going. Anyone with me?

Replies

• jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am totally up for this.
    Never heard of this before , googling it now :)
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I guess I could have put the link in here too, even though they aren't clickable...

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • emourato
    emourato Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start soon so I guess this is my calling! LOL
  • twentysixpointtwo
    Options
    I'm doing it now, although I bounce between week 7 of C25K and week 2 of bridge to 10K right now. I have a 5K scheduled for 4/16/11. I don't know if I'm "too far along" along or not for you :) but it's really a great program!!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of doing my own version of C25K but I would definitely be up for checking in here and for the motivation!
  • rmcheathbabe
    Options
    I planned to start the program next week as well. Count me in!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Never "too far along". I bet you'd be great motivations for us "newbies". I've wanted to do this program a couple times but couldn't force myself. This time I will do it! I have the perfect place to run outside and I currently have the motivation, so I might as well start before it gets too hot out.
  • Dani724
    Dani724 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love to start! Count me in!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was just about to make the exact same post!!! I'm in!! I'm thinking about starting 2morrow. If I don't get to the gym I'll start with you on Monday.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Yay!! I'm so glad to see you all!

I plan to do it Mon-Wed-Fri but will adjust if necessary.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I guess I could have put the link in here too, even though they aren't clickable...

If you have a smartphone, you can also download apps that will keep track of the timing for you, telling you when to walk and when to run.
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    My son and I are in, we were planning on starting in April so this is perfect timing!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok just checked my schedule and have def decided to start on Monday instead of 2morrow. I 2 will try for Mon- Wed - Fri. Can't wait :)
  • nehtaeh
    Options

If you have a smartphone, you can also download apps that will keep track of the timing for you, telling you when to walk and when to run.

I wish! I do have an mp3 player than I plan to download programs to though. I asked on the facebook page and they gave me a couple sites that they said were good.
  • tammlane
    tammlane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me! I'd love to be able to run a 5k. I'm in! :wink:
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    I am just starting W4, well today's session has been delayed until Friday, but come Friday will be starting W4.... Getting a bit scared as it seems to be quite a lot harder this week than last, so might do W3 again, just cos!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am just starting W4, well today's session has been delayed until Friday, but come Friday will be starting W4.... Getting a bit scared as it seems to be quite a lot harder this week than last, so might do W3 again, just cos!

I did W4D1 yesterday. I was also a little intimidated reading it, but it went pretty well! At least try W4D1 and then decide.
  • thebodach1
    Options
    Good to see people using this program. I used the C25K to train for my first 5K 2 years ago and only got to week 7 before race day. I completed my first 5K in 25:08. Also, I made the mistake of training in 90 degree summer heat all through the program, but the temperature was 50 degrees on race day morning so that helped. I think after week 7 it's pretty much the same. Just run for 30 minutes straight.
  • keepsiejess
    keepsiejess Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The app for the phone is amazing! You get to listen to your own music while you track intervals. YOu can also download it as a podcast if your phone isnt "smart"...
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    The app for the phone is amazing! You get to listen to your own music while you track intervals. YOu can also download it as a podcast if your phone isnt "smart"...

My phone isn't smart...can you tell me where to go to download it to my mp3 player - which is some off-brand.