Morning Breakfast help

Options
Hi,
I'm always waking up late in the morn and rushing to get out the door with my son to work/school. I don't have much if any time and usually eat breakfast at work. Before MFP I used to have 1 Egg & Cheese on a bagel, but since then I have been having either 2 boiled eggs or a protein bar & peanuts with my coffee in the morn. The past couple of days I have a quick glass of soymilk to hopefully get my metabolism rolling at 8 am instead of 9:30.

I'm just wondering if I am doing bad with the boiled egg/protein bar & peanuts. Is this enough and a decent combo to get my metabolism running. I mean in terms of how I feel... I feel satisfied and the soymilk before I run out the door really helps, but I am hoping I am not slowing down my progress.

Also if anyone has suggestions for something quick or that can be taken on the go to be eaten once I reach work, I'm all ears!

Replies

• nomayyy
    nomayyy Posts: 28
    Options
    I think that's a great breakfast! You're getting lots of protein which is ideal since it'll keep you feeling full longer than eating only carbs. Another great breakfast idea is pairing it with a fruit though, like eating a protein bar, eggs, and a banana, berries or an apple or something? That way you get some healthy carbs!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts include oatmeal with a banana cut up in it. that always keeps me full. or yogurt and a 90cal fiber bar. I usually swap these days out. They both keep me full well into lunch! what you've got going on sounds alright to me but i'm no expert!
  • niknik43
    niknik43 Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't know about your other questions, but my breakfast "on the go" is always a scrambled egg that I cook in the microwave. Spray a bowl with non-stick spray, scramble up the egg in the bowl, season with whatever you like, and cook for about 1 min 20 seconds. It slides right out in an egg "patty" and I throw it on one of my 100 calorie sandwich rounds and head out the door. It's filling and only about 170 calories. Sometimes I'll add a slice of ham or a piece of cheese...which ups the calories but it sure tastes good and it's easy!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your other questions, but my breakfast "on the go" is always a scrambled egg that I cook in the microwave. Spray a bowl with non-stick spray, scramble up the egg in the bowl, season with whatever you like, and cook for about 1 min 20 seconds. It slides right out in an egg "patty" and I throw it on one of my 100 calorie sandwich rounds and head out the door. It's filling and only about 170 calories. Sometimes I'll add a slice of ham or a piece of cheese...which ups the calories but it sure tastes good and it's easy!

Ooh great idea for a nummy breakfast sandwich. Probably would work with the bagel thins! YUM!
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Do you like 2% cottage cheese? High protein and you can quickly cut up fresh fruit to put in it. Or, I make steel cut oatmeal in the crock pot overnight. It's enough to last me all week. Thin whole wheat bagel toasted with a little natural almond/peanut butter. Or...I cut up vegies the night before and quickly make an egg white+1 egg scramble w/ the vegies- that one I think is the best, most healthy and keeps me full for hours.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein bar and a yogurt every morning. Quick and easy!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    bananas, may be making frozen breakfast roll ups ahead of time that you can nuke and head out the door, shakes. They have a blender cup that you can use on the go. Throw all the ingredients in, make sure the batteries are charged, blend and enjoy...no need for all that mess in the kitchen. http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/stay-or-go-appliances-stay-or-go-blender-travel-cup.html

Good Luck!
  • lfclancy
    lfclancy Posts: 46
    Options
    I wat either a fiber bar or a balance bar. They are easy on the go. I am always running out the door with the kids too & like that I can grab one and go. They seem to usually keep me going until about 12.00. I like the scambled egg too. I do egg whites in the microwave witha high fiber english muffin for lunch alot and I think that would be great for breakfast too.
  • rebarnette
    Options
    With around 110-130 calories, I usually eat one of the Dannon Greek Yogurt containers. They have 0% fat (naturally) and are decent in carbs (around 17-20g). But each tiny 5.3 oz container packs in the protein. The plain one I had this morning has 12g of protein! You can easily toss in some fruit or granola and have a very quick, nutritious breakfast.

I find these tide me over really well - and I burn around 450 calories every morning at the gym.
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WOW I am soooo thankful for everyone's suggestions. I love them all and will be trying some of them very soon. Thank you everyone, and have a spendid and powerful day.