night time snack

Options
Hey everyone,

im sure there are alot more than just me out here that just cant seem to kick the night time snack, and then feel guilty afterwards....im always telling myself im not going to eat after a certain time and then i find my self munching before bed :( i have no idea how to kick this habit.....any advice would be sooo grateful

ADD ME AS A FRIEND AS WELL

Replies

• Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    night time snacking isn't necessarily a horrible thing... just make sure that you're snacking on something healthy. also, sometimes, our body tells us we're hungry, when actually we're thirsty. try drinking a couple of glasses of water and that will help a lot or completely fix it. aslo... brushing your death helped me, b/c i don't want to eat anything after my teeth are all clean. : )
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to the clock. I pay attention to the calories. I am a single, working mother of two and some nights I don't get to work out until after 9pm. So I usually need something. I have just rejoined after falling off the wagon, but when I was doing my best, I was still having a snack at night. Hope this helps.
  • cjbnc
    cjbnc Posts: 32
    Options
    I've maintained my diet by eating lunch, dinner, and bedtime snack as my three "meals" per day. I've never been a breakfast person. As the previous poster said, its about the calories, more so than the time you eat them.
  • dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I like having something sweet after lunch and at night. Check out Hungry Girl recipies for sweets, they're awesome!!
  • meredith414
    Options
    When I really feel like having something at night I have hot tea or hot chocolate instead. I think having something liquid is better for digestion at night and tea is calorie free! You can also get low cal (25 calories) hot chocolate. You will definitely feel full afterwards
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I really feel like having something at night I have hot tea or hot chocolate instead. I think having something liquid is better for digestion at night and tea is calorie free! You can also get low cal (25 calories) hot chocolate. You will definitely feel full afterwards

I agree!! Sometimes all you really want is that full warm belly and a nice sweet treat! Great idea with the hot chocolate!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    DH and I have dessert every night. We have something by skinny cow or low fat frozen yogurt. I'll even have a glass of chocolate milk depending on where I am on calories. I do not feel guilty at all because I feel like as long as I am under my calories, it is okay. Now if it was a half a pan or brownies, then yes, I would feel guilty!