Diet Pills

Options
Does anybody here use any kind of diet pills or supplements in their aid to lose weight?

Replies

• theresamasucci
    theresamasucci Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Does anybody here use any kind of diet pills or supplements in their aid to lose weight?
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I took Phentermine for a while.... but it makes you not eat at all for like 2 weeks and then your appetite slowly comes back.

haha back in the day when Metabolife has ephedrine is...boy I loved that stuff. I ate anything I wanted and never gained a pound...
  • hanz8203
    Options
    i only joined today ut i lost loads of weight in the summer but unfortunatly put it back on but when i lost my weight i took adios diet pills they really help they speed up your motablism, you take one befor every meal and the also help to keep you full
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I really dont recommend diet pills...
    they work on your heart and can do damage..
    I think learning to change your lifestyle when it comes to food is a much better long lasting healthy result.
    Diet Pills can be a crutch, addicting, and costly.
    Sometimes they can even have opposite effects...and when you stop taking them then what do you do right??
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    Try eating lots of fiber or foods that are fiber filled. It makes you feel full naturally.
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    Try eating lots of fiber or foods that are fiber filled. It makes you feel full naturally.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    the way i see it is this, if your body is hungry then your body NEEDS to eat. There's a difference between true hunger and an urge to snack...listen to your body, it will tell you what u need, and you do not need diet pills, that's for sure. They are so horrible for you. I'm not being a negative nelly, if u r using them and they work for ya, great, but keep in mind what it's doing to your body and after-all isn't the whole point of all this to become healthier?
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    wouldn't diet pills be a temporary fix for a perament problem? They only work while you take them, are you going to take them forever? Makes more sense to fix what is wrong and keep your results forever.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my aunt's vitamin company makes a Hoodia that i take twice a day. and i take her Banaba twice a day, too.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I do not take them I prefer to just do diet and excercise... but I have to ask what in the world is Banaba?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The only thing I take is a generic "daily diet support" multi-vitamin...sometimes I also use Slim Fast as a breakfast on the run, but I don't follow the Slim Fast plan.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I do not take them I prefer to just do diet and excercise... but I have to ask what in the world is Banaba?

Banaba, also known as Crepe Myrtle, Queen's Flower and Pride of India, is a medicinal plant that grows in India, Southeast Asia and the Philippines. Banaba Leaf extract contains a compound known as corosolic acid, which can safely lower blood sugar levels. By keeping blood sugar and insulin levels in check, Banaba helps you control food cravings. This makes it useful for anyone who wants to lose weight. Banaba is a plant that grows in India, Southeast Asia and the Philippines. Traditional uses include brewing tea from the leaves as a treatment for diabetes and elevated blood sugar. Banaba Leaf extract contains a triterpenoid compound known as corosolic acid, which has actions in stimulating glucose transport into cells. Studies show that corosolic acid can safely lower blood glucose levels. In diabetic mice, rats and rabbits, Banaba feeding reduces elevated blood sugar and insulin levels to normal. In humans with Type 2 diabetes, Banaba extract, taken for four to eight weeks, has been shown to be effective in reducing blood sugar levels (five percent to thirty percent reduction) and maintaining tighter control of blood sugar fluctuations. In one study, subjects who took the supplement over a twenty-two-week period had a thirty percent drop in blood sugar levels. They also averaged a weight loss of 3.2 pounds per month without changing their diet. For some people, fluctuations in blood sugar and insulin are related to appetite, hunger and various food cravings - particularly craving for carbohydrates such as bread and sweets. By keeping blood sugar and insulin levels in check, Banaba helps people to lose weight safely and quickly. At suggested doses, no adverse side effects are expected from Banaba. Higher doses should be avoided, however, to prevent dizziness or fatigue, which can happen with extremely low blood sugar levels. Blood sugar control is enhanced with small amounts of Banaba taken one-to-three times daily. Most users report a reduction in food cravings, especially for high-carbohydrate foods like bread, cereal, pizza and cookies. A small loss of weight (three-four pounds per month) is not uncommon, due to the lower blood sugar and insulin levels. Some weight-loss experts believe that Banaba extract is more effective when combined with other ingredients such as Kola Nut (caffeine) and Green Tea.

from here: http://www.viable-herbal.com/combos/herbs/c725.htm
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

:noway: Are you serious?!? :noway:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info... I had never heard of it before :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Twice I've lost weight with phentermine but both times gained more than I lost - once you stop taking it your appetite comes back. I think my problem was that I truly was starving myself - there is no way I was eating 1200 calories a day thus putting my body into starvation mode which ironically (I think) makes your metabolism even screwier after. If that makes sense...

I am going cold turkey and moving right along - I don't want a short term fix I want a lifetime of happy healthy eating and healthy weight.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    - I don't want a short term fix I want a lifetime of happy healthy eating and healthy weight.
    AMEN!!!! :love:
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    and when your metabolism slows down after you stop taking the pill and you start eating like before...the weight comes on even faster...
    NOT GOOD any way you look at it..:noway:
    Be nice to the body...we only get one:flowerforyou:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    NO DIET PILLS ARE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway: