Are you Rewarding Yourself?

Options
I think I'm going to Reward Myself at certain "Milestones"....10lbs, 20lbs etc....

Do any of you do that? If so what kind of rewards are you using to keep you motivated? I know when I hit my Goal I'm taking a trip...But in between I'm not sure....

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I haven't written them all down or anything like that, but I think I'm going to go get a fancy mani/pedi when I hit 10 pounds.

At 20, I'm sure I will need some new clothes.

I do see a lot of folks with goals/rewards written in their signatures though.
  • daniellejg
    Options
    I've been thinking about the same thing. I know that when I get to my goal weight I want to take a trip as well. I know other people reward themselves with massages, manicure/pedicure, shopping trip, etc. Just some ideas :) Good luck!
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about a reward. But now that you mention it maybe a pedicure or facial.
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I haven't written them all down or anything like that, but I think I'm going to go get a fancy mani/pedi when I hit 10 pounds.

At 20, I'm sure I will need some new clothes.

I do see a lot of folks with goals/rewards written in their signatures though.

Yep I'm doing the Mani/Pedi thing at 10lbs too! :wink:
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    yes i think thts a fab idea maybe a new top or item of clothing at every goal. i love clothes so think tht would work well for me . depends what are you into and whats special to you :-)
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a bargain with my wonderful hubby - every 10lbs I drop, he gets me (or makes me) a present... or does something around the house that I have been putting off and will directly benefit me. First 10 lbs I lost, he cleaned the tub so that I could have a relaxing bath... that one was my favorite.

However, when I get under 200, I will be going on a shopping spree!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea :)
  • CherylleeH
    Options
    When I reached my first goal I got a pedicure. My second goal (about a pound away) I'm planning to buy a new workout outfit. I think it's great to give ourselves a reward (non-food related) when we reach pre-set goals along our journey. Yes, the weight loss and better health is a reward in itself but heck, we've worked hard and we deserve it!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I always plan small rewards when I hit my mini goals. Mani-pedi is a good one. Of course new clothes too. Just not bad food.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have a LOT of weight to lose and in order for me to stay focused, I have some goals. At 40 lbs I am going to get a hair makeover!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    when i lost my first 15 pounds me and my daughter went and had a girls day out...got our hair done and ate lunch and just hung out all day together. my next goal will be at 25 pounds lost (4 more pounds to go) i will definitely need new clothes so i am going on a shopping spree....not sure what my next goal will be....definitely reward yourself it gives you something to look forward to :flowerforyou:
  • croutson
    croutson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! 10 lbs = Mani/Pedi, 20 lbs = a night out with my sister-in-law (who is my biggest inspiration! She's lost 45 lbs using MFP and she looks AMAZING!). My goal is 33 lbs, so when I reach that I'm getting a new fall wardrobe! Good luck!
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    Yes! I have a LOT of weight to lose and in order for me to stay focused, I have some goals. At 40 lbs I am going to get a hair makeover!

That's a GREAT idea!!!!
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    Me too! 10 lbs = Mani/Pedi, 20 lbs = a night out with my sister-in-law (who is my biggest inspiration! She's lost 45 lbs using MFP and she looks AMAZING!). My goal is 33 lbs, so when I reach that I'm getting a new fall wardrobe! Good luck!

Good Luck to You also!
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    when i lost my first 15 pounds me and my daughter went and had a girls day out...got our hair done and ate lunch and just hung out all day together. my next goal will be at 25 pounds lost (4 more pounds to go) i will definitely need new clothes so i am going on a shopping spree....not sure what my next goal will be....definitely reward yourself it gives you something to look forward to :flowerforyou:

Excellent....I have a 16 yr old Daughter, I should do that with her since she is my biggest cheerleader!
  • precious71701
    Options
    I like the idea..That sounds great...hmm..got to think about what to do for rewards...My reward will probably involve some type of food...I just love food....
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I like the idea..That sounds great...hmm..got to think about what to do for rewards...My reward will probably involve some type of food...I just love food....

I'm doing Atkins so the Food Reward could be interesting for Me....Maybe Texas Roadhouse for a big steak and one of their fantastic Salads.......hmmmm

Good Luck To You!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I got a charm bracelet...and am purchasing a charm for every 10 pounds!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I hit 10 pounds, I bought new nail polish. Granted, I wanted new nail polish at the time but treated it like my reward. :) I'm a nail polish addict though so that's one of the best rewards for me! :D
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about giving myself rewards at all. I find the change in me is most rewarding. Maybe I can think of something.

But I certainly wouldn't get a manicure or pedicure - I'm the kind of person for whom that would be a punishment!