What is the 30 day shred?!

Options
I keep seeing so many people talking about it, but have no idea what it is?!

Can anybody shed some light... (No pun intended!)

Thanks!

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the same thing. what is a "shred?" if you are doing that?
  • asls0239
    asls0239 Posts: 1
    Options
    A workout video that Jillian Michaels does.
  • Ozziks
    Ozziks Posts: 2
    Options
    How does it compare to P90x/Insanity workouts?
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It is Jillian Michaels workout DVD!!! Awesome workout for 24 mins of your day that target your whole body!!! Cardio and strength!!!!

I'm on day 10 level 1..... LOVE IT!! I highly recommend it!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    30DS is a workout program by Jillian Michaels. I've heard it's pretty intense, but I've never done it.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    for me work out dvds are no good if there being done at home as its toooooo easy to say oh il sit here another 5 mins then put it on, or oh il just do this then il try it.....get down the gym for a damm good burn out :)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It's great when you want to get in a workout 30 minutes or less. I did the Shred and lost about 10 lbs and inches all over. I do them now whenever I can't squeeze in a full hour workout. Jillian Michales kicks your *kitten* hard in those 30 minutes...if you stick with it, you'll see awesome results. You should be able to find loads to give you some motivation.

All you need is some hand weights, 3 and 5lbs, a mat and the sheer determination to see it through!

I blogged my journey so you can check it out if you like! Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/30-day-shred-result-66089
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    Does it require anything equipment: weights, kettle balls, resistance bands, stability ball, etc?
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Does it require anything equipment: weights, kettle balls, resistance bands, stability ball, etc?

Good timing! Just answered it in my post above you!

Tiffany
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    for me work out dvds are no good if there being done at home as its toooooo easy to say oh il sit here another 5 mins then put it on, or oh il just do this then il try it.....get down the gym for a damm good burn out :)

For some like me I am a home workout person, for me I can make excuse after excuse of why not to go to the gym at home I have no reason to not go downstairs and work my butt off. I devoted 2 hours a day to myself working out instead of sitting watching tv or playing on the computer :)
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just started it today! It'll kick yer butt for sure!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    As everyone has stated it is a DVD Workout by Jillian Michaels (trainier from the Biggest Loser). I have had immense success from using this website to log and motivate combined with her 30 Day Shred disc..For me I have to use at home b/c not only do I work a full-time job but I'm a mom who doesn't have extra time to take away from her kids and her husband! People can make just as many excuses to not go to the gym as they can to just sit on the couch and delay playing that DVD. Like gas is too expensive, I don't feel like driving, Traffic is a pain, the gym is too far ... You just have to get up and move it!!! I had lost 60, but gained 18 back... working to lose those with an additional 10 to boot. Here are my progession pics:

Starting on left at 225 in Sept 2009, Right is at 175 in April 2010
    2.jpg

August 2010 169
    38869_1451244574190_1625522192_1094390_7579828_n.jpg
    1.jpg

Current March 2011 at 181 (getting back on track, my husband came home from Iraq in Sept '10 and I had surgery.. )
    198879_1748831573679_1625522192_1686348_2351373_n.jpg
  • chrisallcock
    Options

For some like me I am a home workout person, for me I can make excuse after excuse of why not to go to the gym at home I have no reason to not go downstairs and work my butt off. I devoted 2 hours a day to myself working out instead of sitting watching tv or playing on the computer :)

nice work :)
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    For people who can't afford to go to the gym or just don't feel comfortable going to the gym I think work out dvds are awesome. I myself use 3 or 4 different ones on a regular basis and I love them. They have been giving me some great results! Just my opinion though.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i just bought it and did it today omg it killed me i nealry gave up i had a rest then continued and im glad i did though im sore i now know that i need to up my exercise and im hopeing this helps

i also work out at home i found if i got a gym account i would never use it plus there used to be a lot of posers in my gym and it was dam annoying esp when one of them was my personal trainer . so i work out every day at home and go to one zumba class a week and im already seeing good results ...just my experience though different things for different people
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    just place my order on amazon...can't wait!