What are your food staples in your house?

Options
What foods do you HAVE to have in your house in order to maintain your great day without straying ? I'm heading to the market this weekend but am kinda new to the food thing as far as "healthier" . Any tips that keep you sane are def welcome <3

Thank you in advance for replying.

Replies

• shtefie
    shtefie Posts: 32
    Options
    I find my mid-afternoon banana is a real help to me!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    fresh veg,salad fixings,fruits,yogurt,100 calorie snacks.I try to stay away from processed foods and any snack foods,chips,etc.If I don`t buy them I won`t eat them.
    Good luck!!
    :flowerforyou: jane
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Bumping for later, love some ideas :smile:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Well I stray more than I'd like to, but I usually eat the same healthy things on a daily basis. I always have strawberries, bananas, blackberries (if they're all in season), yogurt, cucumbers, carrots, hummus, salad (I buy bagged romaine), chicken breast, canned veggies with low sodium, frozen veggies, cheese (I buy the blocks but eat in moderation and only sometimes).
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Grapes!! They help ward off my craving for sweets. Good Luck!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and peanut butter!
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, quinoa, raw almonds, walnuts, fresh strawberries, raspberries, apples, bananas, baby carrots, lettuce, frozen chicken breasts, frozen salmon, almond butter, cheese sticks to name a few.
  • hog2east
    hog2east Posts: 9
    Options
    Tyson, Pre-cooked chicken breasts
    Eggs
    Raw Alomonds
    Babybel Light Cheese
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, bananas, apples, melon, fresh spinach , romaine, grape tomatos, cranberries, tuna, yogurt, cottage cheese, carrots, celery, laughing cow cheese, etc
    i also have to make sure to have lots of chicken, groiund turkey, tilapia and salmon for dinners.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love to eat cereal as a snack thats easy for me to eat without milk like mini frosted shredded wheat, also fruit/veggies and yogurt
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit, salad greens, fish, tuna, sugar free jello, 100 calorie cheese snacks, etc.
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    Green Tea!!!

I'm trying to cut out soda and drink more water, this takes care of both! It really helps me feel less thirsty and so, fuller. Plus, they claim if drink 2-3 glasses a day you can burn about 80 calories more in day and every little bit helps!
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    celery with laughing cow cheese....SO good! and frozen raspberries in greek yogurt.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    wild rice, brown rice, lean meats, fresh as well as frozen and even canned veggies. Whole grain bread, fruits, olive oil to cook with, pam spray, coffee!!! lol I also have to keep a lot of junk because my husband and son are thin, so when I give them bad carbs like mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, I double up on veggies and will have brussel sprouts and salad or green beans and squash, etc
  • mwadams
    mwadams Posts: 9
    Options
    I eat a lot of the Morningstar Farms products--they taste great (except the sausage links--I don't like those) and they are very reasonable in terms of calories. They are also full of protien, so they fill you up. I also LOVE the Vitalicious muffins and muffin tops--100 calorie treats packed with vitamins and fiber! They are expensive, so I usually buy the mix on Amazon.com and then freeze them. Another thing I can't live without is sugar free grape kool aid. The on-the-go packets are perfect to keep in my desk at work, and they make me want to drink more water. Also, try the Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate "milk"--I add some sugar-free raspberry syrup and it tastes like a decadent raspberry hot chocolate, but for only 45 calories. Other items I always have on hand: broccoli, green grapes, fiber one or kellog's fiber plus chewey bars, eggs, Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedges, and canadian bacon. GOOD LUCK!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I need to have source yogurt (dessert selection) and cheese strings. I'm a cheese addict so at 50 calories a cheese string is really great to curb the craving.
  • baffled_blonde
    Options
    I second the bananas. Things that I can eat on the run with little prep time are often my savior. I try to avoid processed snacks so this tends to be a lot of bananas, apples, pears, etc.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Water - I pour out my water bottles ahead of time so on my lazy days I don't reach for something else. Food wise, Almonds, quick breakfast bars for pre-workouts, and string cheese. I also keep chicken out and thaw it during the day so it's ready when I get home. And non-food is my scale and my pasta measurement stick thing-a-ma-jig. I keep it on the counter so I see it and remember to grab it to not guess.
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bottled water (which i really drink), grapes ... fave snack, can put in a baggie and take with me, loaf of break, for a quick toast or sandwich for hunger to keep me from junk food
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Lean meats and cheese. And for bad stuff... Handi Foods 100 calorie multigrain bagels and Orville's Smart Pop. I try to stay away from processed food but those two I have a hard time quitting. Oh that and ready made sodium free or low sodium broth. I really should make my own.