Second day with a headache....HELP!!

Options
Anyone have any good remedies for a headache excluding medication??? It's going on two days now that I've had a headache and I'm not sure if it's the weather or a change in my eating habits....Can anyone help??

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Have you suddenly cut caffeine out of your diet? If so, that could be culprit.
  • abray84
    abray84 Posts: 55
    Options
    No I wish I could say that I did but I haven't had caffeine in a long while except for a piece of chocolate here and there...I have heart problems so I can't do caffeine
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    More water and more sleep. What changes have you made to your diet? Did you recently cut carbs? cut calories?
  • abray84
    Options
    Yea since I've joined the site I know I've cut calories...probably carbs as well....I'm more disciplined with my diet if u know what I mean....eating healthier
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    this may sound overly simple but squeeze some lemon into water add a few sweetner - per your taste - and drink up - do not GULP!

the citrus and sweetner seem to conteract the headache and youi get the water intake too .. I've been doing this for alomost 20 years and haven't needed headache meds since
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Make sure your drinking lots of water, someone told me once dehydration can cause headaches.
  • abray84
    Options
    this may sound overly simple but squeeze some lemon into water add a few sweetner - per your taste - and drink up - do not GULP!

the citrus and sweetner seem to conteract the headache and youi get the water intake too .. I've been doing this for alomost 20 years and haven't needed headache meds since

Thanks I'm gonna try this ASAP
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Been fighting change in weather and too much sleep headache. Water helps bunches.
  • SueInAz
    Options
    You didn't say what type of headache, but if you're an allergy sufferer it could be your sinuses. Everything is starting to bloom where I live and I know mine are taking a beating right now.
  • abray84
    Options
    You didn't say what type of headache, but if you're an allergy sufferer it could be your sinuses. Everything is starting to bloom where I live and I know mine are taking a beating right now.

Yea in the great state of Michigan we all suffer from Sinusitis just about all year long...lol...I'm starting to think it is a sinus headache....1 day it's 60 the next day it's 30
  • SueInAz
    Options
    If you don't have one, you might think about getting a Neti pot. I use mine when things are bad. I should probably use it more often but I'm not one of the people who finds it to be a pleasant experience. :)
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I get headaches all the time so Id love to see home remedies here.
    I usually just caffeine it up and drink a ton of water.

I also have a Japanese headache remedy tea that I got at a local market called Misuwa. Its a chain, maybe theres one near you or another asian market near you...but health help teas that I have really do seem to work.
  • neal_lonnie
    Options
    Try cinnamon. Thats a natural cure for headaches. Sprinkle a teaspoon in warm milk or hot water. This works for me.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Yea in the great state of Michigan we all suffer from Sinusitis just about all year long...lol...I'm starting to think it is a sinus headache....1 day it's 60 the next day it's 30

Yup, when I lived in Michigan the weather change always kicked me in the head. I live in NW ohio now and today its 10degrees cooler. Woke up with a massive headache and went to workout and nearly passed out. So I'm waiting for the advil to take effect before attempt #2 at my workout.