6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge

Options
Hello all,

A quick backstory for all who have chosen to click on this topic! Six weeks from tomorrow, May 12th, I will be seeing a good portion of my immediate family that I have not seen since I began this journey, 14 months ago. I am doing well, have lost 102 pounds, push myself everyday, and will continue to do so. But, I have decided, in these next six weeks, to go above and beyond what I normally do, add strength training to my week, and to overall push myself like crazy leading up to this day.

I have a great group of friends, here, surrounding me, and I asked them if they would be interested in a six week challenge during this time frame. My thought process is to keep myself motivated to work even harder, with them surrounding me, and maybe to get my friends to push themselves harder.

So, that is what this thread is all about! If there are any of you, out there, that would like to join in we would love to have you push yourselves along with us.

First, the word "challenge" per the dictionary =

chal·lenge  noun, verb, -lenged, -leng·ing, adjective –noun

1. a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
2. something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.:
3. a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.

If you want to participate reply to this topic and I will keep a tally of all that are "IN." We will begin the 6 weeks on Monday, 4/4, and it will end as of Sunday's workout on 5/15. There is not going to be any weigh in's this is purely to motivate you all to workout and workout harder. We will be working purely on the honesty system. If you say you did something, but you really didn't, there is not going to be some exercise police coming after you it will be YOU that has to live with YOU and your honesty/dishonesty. Again, like I said, this is purely for motivational purposes.

You can check in daily, here, or you can wait and post everything on Sunday's check in. But, we will all need to check in at least that once a week. If you think you need the extra support, to keep you going, you may want to check in daily. I will check in and post what I did on a daily basis. If you want to check in daily, but not here, I am always available for messages.

I already know what I plan on putting myself through, during the next six weeks, I would just like to keep as many of you, out there, moving and challenging yourselves along the way.

Here's our rules:

350 minutes of exercise per week. (Monday-Sunday) It doesn't matter when, what day, every day, all in one day, whatever, but you will exercise a minimum of 350 minutes of per week.

or

3500 calories burned per week per an HRM. (Monday-Sunday) If you do not have an HRM then you will want to stick with the minutes. Again, it doesn't matter when, what day, every day, all in one, whatever, but you will burn a minimum of 3500 calories per week.

(My challenge to myself is to go above and beyond BOTH of these! Again, that is me challenging myself but I just want you all to know what my plan is.)

90 minutes or 1000 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly cardio. It does not matter what you do as cardio, but it has to be cardio. When you do a check in, whether it's daily or weekly, list what it is that you did as your cardio and the minutes/calories burned.

30 minutes or 500 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly strength training. Again, it doesn't matter what it is that you do as strength training but it has to be strength training. Again, when you do your check in list what it is that you did. You can take a broom/mop and do arm curls with it, lift it above your head and do bicep curls. You can do sit ups or push ups. Squats or lunges! Whatever as long as it is strength training.

AND here is the BIG one! EVERYONE will drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day! This is major because I know there are a lot of people that really struggle with it, but it is part of our PUSH YOURSELF challenge.

I do not expect any of you to go purchase equipment, or get a gym membership, if you do not have any of this. I spent many, many months, or my journey, finding things in my own home/yard to exercise with. The point here is to exercise, to push ourselves, and to see what we can accomplish in these next six weeks.

I know that my group of friends, and I am pretty sure myself included, are great motivators and we all like to cheer each other on. I know I can also offer a ton of suggestions and I am sure my friends can as well. So, if there is anyone that needs some extra tips, more motivation, or anything else, we are all here to help each other. We all have the same "ultimate" goal and why not help each other to get there.

Here is who I have, from my own friends list, thus far, that is in for this challenge:

chickadee2010
babyprincess13
amber_hanners
missyjane
tenniskad2
TammyBee
TAHerring
AKHerring
emmaleigh

Are you all still in and ready to take this challenge, and make this journey, together? Anyone else that is in, post here and as of Sunday evening I will take a final total of who all is in and we will begin Monday morning.

HERE WE GO!!!!

Replies

• kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    sure count me in
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    sure count me in
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi,
    I would LOVE to be a part of this challenge!! I'm going to a birthday party on May 14th and will be seeing a lot of family so I would like to work hard and look really good for that!! I am going to push myself as well!!!
  • christinaberlyn
    christinaberlyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I'm in too!
  • jolyned
    jolyned Posts: 28
    Options
    Please count me in!!
  • tilie82
    tilie82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i want in.
  • TAHerring
    TAHerring Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am all IN....and excited ~ together as a team we can do anything ~ bring it on ~ :smile:
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    I think I found this post as a sign! This is what I really need to push me... exact rules but no need to go buy special things to accomplish it. Thanks for putting this together and I'm going to do it !!!!
  • Marrissam
    Marrissam Posts: 12
    Options
    Count me in Tracie
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I am still in!! This is just what i needed!:happy:
  • tenniskad2
    Options
    OK after printing what you wrote, reading it twice, thinking about it, writing down what it means to me.... I am in.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT idea Tracie, count me in. Exercise is my weak spot so I need some extra push for sure!
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I would, but I'm just starting out and I don't think I can do all of that right out of the gate! Maybe next time!
  • crebbe
    crebbe Posts: 18
    Options
    Please count me in! I read this over a few times and wrote the minimums in my planner :)

I currently do 60 min + cardio atleast 5 days a week + light weights and have been trying to increase my work outs (safely of course!). This could be the challenge I need!

Thank you!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy to see you all being honest right from the get go! I am glad you reading the minimums, re-reading the minimums and making a decision. Some are still in, some are not, and some are still thinking and that is A-OK. You have got to be honest with yourself. You are doing this for yourself. I want to push you, but I don't want to push too hard. A challenge is not a challenge if you do not push yourself to go farther than you have.

Again, I am very respectful of the up front honesty going on.

Looks like we are well on our way to a TERRIFIC challenge everyone.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I really want to do this. As I'm close to my ideal weight and I'm finding the scale is starting to become a bigger battle than I expected I want to make exercise and fitness my main goals. How do the Jillian videos such as 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones (arriving today!) fit in to cardio versus weights?
  • babyprincess13
    Options
    Thanks so much for coming up with this challenge . I am totally in!! Looking forward to this And I promise you my 100% honesty:-) all the very best to all of us on this challenge. We can do this and make each other proud:-)