Help!

Options
I'm trying really hard to lose weight and to just be healthier and I know exersizing is vital but im having so much troube. I have 2 kids 6 and 2 and I can never find a sitter. There is no open space in my tiny litttle apartment. I plan on going outside and doing laps around the courtyard while the kids play as soon as it gets warm enough to have them out there that long. Until then what can I do aside from throwing the couch out? Actually that might be a good idea! No couch= no vegging out in front of hte tv! lol.

Replies

• Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi! I also have a child(5) and found it hard to workout with her. I live in chicago so the weather the past few months doesnt even let us go outside to walk..but the Jillian Michaels DVD (shredding) is only 30 min...and its tough but you get an AWESOME workout in a short period of time.And all you need room for is sit ups and jumping jacks. She does use 5 lb weights also for some of the things. I was dripping sweat and dropping lbs in a few days of doing it. My big issue is time, and that dvd is so short. I think I bought it at walmart for like $10..Also once the weather gets nicer I like to walk to the park with my daughter and actually do some stuff there! like push ups on the equipment, swinging on the swings...just act like a kid lol Let me know if you try that dvd and what you thought of it!
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I bought a hula hoop! You can use it for 15 minutes and burn 100 calories. Do need some open space, but not too much:)
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I'd personally recommend getting a Wii. I use mine for most of my exercise at the moment, and you could make it a familiy activity if you wanted to. Well, for you and the 6 year old. 2 might be a little young yet.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Become a mall walker. The older one should be in kindergarten, so take the younger one to the mall with the stroller or rent one . Worst case, you turn the kid loose in the play area and walk laps around it. If the kid's a high drive turn him loose and follow him down the mall. He'll take a better nap!

Buy an exercise DVD. The Shred or Zumba or Richard Simmons. Push the coffee table out of the way and go!

There are options.

1horsetown
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have four kids (8, 6, 3, and 1) and have a TOUGH time trying to get exercise in! My best answer has been to include the kids as much as possible. I take them for a walk around the block (put the babies in the stroller and make the older ones walk). It's kinda cold out, but I just bundle them up and give the babies lots of blankets. I don't get my heart rate up as much as I'd like, but it's teaching them to get up and move, too. Another option is to consider using a gym. We have a great community center that has exercise equipment upstairs and a day care downstairs. The gym membership is like $385 for the whole year ( and includes unlimited use of the swimming pool for the whole family) and it costs $3 each time I take my kids to the day care. I only use the day care for an hour each time, so they're not there for too long and I always come out being a much happier mom!
  • ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I want a wii so bad! Our ps3 was just stolen so Im hoping to replace it with a Wii! Are the exersixe "games" for it any good? And the mall walker idea is good too. Our mall has a play area that both my kids love and I never thought of that.
    I found a gym that provides child care but I already bought pt sessions at another gym :( As soon as I use those up I'm cancelling memberships and changing gyms! Problem solved!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks, marching in place, Dancing. None of them take up much room and the kids can do them with you.
    It doesn't cost anything and you don't have to leave the house.