Mommy's??? flat belly's

Options
Hey all you Mom's out there. Seriously will my belly pouch go away ever without surgery? I have been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week for 4 months. I am down to 113 lbs I am 5'5. I can not get rid of this belly!!!!!

If you have had children and your belly is flat again please PLEASE tell me what to do?

I do track my calories except on Sunday's (shoot me lol) Feeling very discouraged so I wanna know if it is possible.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    there is one girl on here, she has 2 or 3 kids and an insanely awesome stomach, maybe she will reply, i cant remember her name.. :/
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have three kids and I am struggling with the same thing... I have read some posts that say that it never goes away but I will check back in to see what others have to say.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    God I hope it does!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would like to know also.....it seems like everywhere else on my body is getting smaller but I still have my pouch from my pregnancy. I know you can't pick a spot to lose fat but if someone have any tips, please share.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hope it goes away too. Looking forward to see what others think.
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Oh boy! Now I'm getting worried if we are all in the same boat. lmbo ugh kids!
  • grits317
    grits317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think it might also depend on how you delivered. I have 2 kids (both c/sections). I am by no means near my goal weight, but once I get there, I'll be having scar revision surgery aka tummy tuck. This will be the only way to flatten my tummy.
  • kristen_beaty
    Options
    Yeah. i have the same issue. I have NO idea if it'll go away, but I'm sure hoping it does. It's not loose skin, so I don't see why it wouldn't tone up, at least some. ?? i have some friends that actually have the loose skin issue and I know there's no way aside from surgery to fix that. But maybe one day I'll know what a flat stomach looks like again {fingers crossed} GOOD LUCK!!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump for more reponses... I am doing the 30 day shred and I am hoping that the ab portion of this will help. There are exercies in this workout that target your lower belly aka the pooch..
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting to 113 lbs. I know I couldn't do that post baby. And no, not found a way to get rid of the baby space.
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, but I am interested to see the responses. If there is a way I would love to hear about it!!
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know it is awful! My baby is only 9 months so mine is definitely still there!! Cardio is helping a little, but it is still there. Hopefully someone has the answer!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Everything I have ever seen says that you MUST add weigh/resistance training to burn it off an tone it up. Especially if you are very near to your goal weight and still having that problem. I have the same thing, not really loose skin, just a bump LOL. I am doing Turbo Fire and weights and I can definetly feel everything starting to tone up a bit. I KNOW it is possible because there are plenty of Moms with flat bellies that have not had surgery.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If the reason that you don't have a flat belly is b/c you have loose/stretched out skin that is hanging there, the only way to get rid of that is a tummy tuck. If it's flab, it helps to cut down on your carbs to get rid of that last little bit. A clean diet really helps a lot.
  • CHEVYLOVER
    Options
    I find running gets rid of belly fat, as weird as it seems it works for me. I have 3 kiddos just had my last on 1/10/11 and dont have much more of a belly to lose. Also wii fit has some great things like knee crunches that work for me. It will eventually go away.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    If the reason that you don't have a flat belly is b/c you have loose/stretched out skin that is hanging there, the only way to get rid of that is a tummy tuck. If it's flab, it helps to cut down on your carbs to get rid of that last little bit. A clean diet really helps a lot.

My friend is a plastic surgeon - he tells me the same thing - but I haven't let him cut on me! I'm trying to build lean muscle in hopes mine will go away - but apparently he sees LOTS of very fit women with loose skin. This might be your issue - sorry!
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too lol I have had 2 kids, one by C-section & I feel like no matter how much weight I lose, I always have that loose saggy skin BLECK!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't have a flat tummy but for having 3 kids I think it looks pretty decent. I was pretty lucky though because I did not get any stretch marks on my belly and I always lose the tummy weight first. Also, I have been doing the 30day shred and am starting to see some definition.