question for the ladies (may be TMI - sorry guys!) period cr

Options
Hey ladies! I have a question. The last two times I have ran hard (like my 5K then 4 miles today) towards the end of my run, I have been getting these horrible period type cramps! I just got off of AF two weeks ago so she's not on her way or anything. I drink about 96oz of water a day and stay hydrated during my runs. I have no idea what could be causing this. It is the strangest (and pretty painful) thing ever. I actually had to stop and walk more today than I ever have because of it.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas? TIA! :)

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    try drinking some pickle juice, it's what the pro's do...
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    Sounds like ovulation to me, see if you could find an ovulation calendar online. I had the same thing happen to me about 11 days after.:wink:
  • oneiljen
    oneiljen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Could be too much water before you run. Its great that you drink a lot of water, but maybe drink a little less in the hours before and then just take sips as needed when you run. I sometimes get that too. It usually goes a way after you put yourself in a resting state.
  • SierraBurns87
    SierraBurns87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best advice would be talk to your doctor. They know best :)
  • mariasfitness
    Options
    When I originally started working out. I too would get some horrible pains. I actually went to see my doctor and had it checked via a camera etc. and the results all came back normal. My doctor told me I had somehow strained myself by not warming up prior to exercise. It eventually went away. I hope this helps.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Could it be less "crampy" and maybe more along the "intestinal distress" lines? If so, that's VERY, VERY, VERY common with runners.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This has been happening to me to lately, I was thinking it was because of my Mirena. I dont know, very frustrating :grumble:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced these but I looked it up really quick just now and a lot of people experience this for many reasons. It could be your breathing, not enough water before and after, medical conditions, or just being too tense while running. I would suggest to try water, make sure you're not overly tense and focus on breathing. If it still happens it might be medical and you should see a doctor just to make sure. Hope you figure it out and stop it.
  • Baker0821
    Baker0821 Posts: 40
    Options
    So I've done some googling and it is a common thing with women that have endometriosis or it coudl be associated with low blood sugar. Maybe I'll try running closer to time of my last meal. My doctor should be calling me today or tomorrow to let me know how my pap test went since I just had a yearly last week. I'll ask her when she calls me! Thanks for all the help ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    Could be runners stomach .... that's a different kind of cramp feeling though... as in, #2 pain if you know what I mean! Thats very common. Happens to me after almost every run or during a lot of runs!