I Need Office Workout Ideas!!! Help!!!

Options
Hi,

I am looking for ideas on how to burn a few extra calories here or there throughout the day when I'm at work. I have a desk job and spend the majority of my day on the computer. Have any of you come up with some quick calorie burns? I'm not really looking to sweat and I'm not looking for anything that takes a long time. Just something I can start and stop quickly that burns an extra few calories throughtout my day, Thanks for your help!!!

Steph:flowerforyou:

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • andrea10191
    andrea10191 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I work in a 3 story building with the slowest elevator in the world. I take the stairs when I get to work in the morning (I work on the 3rd floor) and whenever I have to go to a different floor.
  • ElovelyMe
    ElovelyMe Posts: 10
    Options
    I do arm raises using my body weight as resistnace. Then I bring my arms to the side and around as if I am clapping. I started out at 10 reps of 10 cause if you do them right you will fill the burn in your arms!! I work in a building with 5 floors so I opt out of using the elevator and I walk up and down them for 5-10 min at different intervals of my day.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I take my two breaks and make a quick run to the ladies' room then spend the rest of it walking at a fast pace around the outside of the two buildings in my complex. It's about a half mile, which is a 12 minute walk at about 3.2 MPH (I have short legs). Burns around 45 calories or so and gets my blood pumping.
  • hsquared87
    Options
    You can replace your office deck chair with on of those balance balls people use for core workouts. Also you can take breaks and walk up and down stairs or just around the office for a few mins every once in a while. I found when i wore a podomiter I would walk to a printer down the hall or to a bathroom that was further away and walk to peoples desks instead of an email.

Hope that helped

Hsquared
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe some bench pushups leaning on your desk? isometric exercises while seated. I've seen a number of magazine articles on this. Try googling "exercising at desk" or something.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.....
    but I have been standing alot more than sitting; do squats or lunges
    take walks up & down halls....go to someone vs sending an email
    do jumping jacks & stretches on breaks ;0)
    I took the mail up to the box today & did a mini job lol
    once it gets warmer here I plan on walking during my lunch breaks

hope this helped
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    Here is a 15 minutes desk workout video: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=633
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I don't know if it burns more calories than sitting in a chair (probably does!) but it does wonders for your core and posture! http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Ergonomic-Balance-Ball-Chair/dp/B000PGGPQ2

Been on mine for a few months now and it's made a big difference in my core strength.