Workout music

Options
Whats in your IPOD (or whatever?)

Thought we could share some good workout music..

My #1 song right now is Santana with Chad Kroeger - Into the Night. :love:

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Whats in your IPOD (or whatever?)

Thought we could share some good workout music..

My #1 song right now is Santana with Chad Kroeger - Into the Night. :love:

dd
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Zenmama,

It depends on what genre you are looking for.

My favorites are:

AC/DC
    B52's
    Smash Mouth
    U2
    and some specific songs are:

Do you wanna funk? by Sylvester & Patrick Cowley
    Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake
    Family Affair by Mary J Blige
    Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
    Du Hust by Rammstien (My boys laugh at me about this one) (The version in German, they corrupt it in English)

I am a disco & rock lover and I am always looking for great songs to workout to as well. Anything that has a good fast beat.

Excellent question to post.

Connie Lynn
  • zenmama
    Options
    Thanks :happy: not looking for anything other than good workout tunes...I am an 80's product myself but have a huge variety of likes...and my husband is a musician sooo needless to say.

dd
  • getskinnynow
    Options
    I have not started my workout sessions yet, but call me old school....
    Marky Marky and the funky bunch Good Vibrations
    Another one that I had in a step class was Daft Punk One more time, it really got us going.
    Awesome topic though, I am working on a list of songs to use for a workout. Do you usually start off with ONE song for a warm up? Then go form there? It has been ages since I went to a gym and worked out, plus we did not have ipods then.
  • zenmama
    Options
    My husband has to show me how to sync my music into my workout category? I am clueless. I usually start off with whatever I am in the mood for....today I ended with a good fast beat so I could push my running up (mph)....

dd
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    This may sound kinda strange, but I am a dancer and I discovered that when I was doing strength training, I was doing reps and breathing in a waltz pattern..."lift, 2, 3....squeze, 2, 3..." etc. so sometimes I like to listen to waltz while I work out. It keeps me from going to fast and making sure that my movements are smooth.

For cardio, I like club music (though I can't stand just listening to it) or anything with a up-tempo, steady downbeat. I really like OK Go, and I know if I can sing along, I am not pushing myself hard enough. :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My workout playlist is all solid guilty pleasure music.

Britney Spears remixes. . . techno. . . and Abba classics.

I'm embarrassed now.:blushing:
  • zenmama
    Options
    Techno, House and club music is great stuff to work out...and I completely get the 1-2-3 waltz thing!

dd
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I recently had the Top Gun Soundtrack in my MP3 and it was awesome!
    Gwen Stafani is also a gooch choice
    Madonna too- Most of her albums are great to work out to.
  • sharondaley
    Options
    This may sound kinda strange, but I am a dancer and I discovered that when I was doing strength training, I was doing reps and breathing in a waltz pattern..."lift, 2, 3....squeze, 2, 3..." etc. so sometimes I like to listen to waltz while I work out. It keeps me from going to fast and making sure that my movements are smooth.

For cardio, I like club music (though I can't stand just listening to it) or anything with a up-tempo, steady downbeat. I really like OK Go, and I know if I can sing along, I am not pushing myself hard enough. :laugh:

GREAT !!

I an see what you mean
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Angry white man music: meaning new and old punk.

I also have some Cirque du Soleil on there as well - think warm up and cool down.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    My personal favorites for cardio are Ram Jam (Black Betty), Outkast (Hey Ya), AC/DC (You Shook Me All Night Long), B52's (Love Shack). Also pretty much anything by Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Sheryl Crow (her older stuff), and Sublime.
  • fayevest
    fayevest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i also love the britney spears remix, b in the mix... great workout cd. eminem is also good to workout too!!