New to myfitness pal

Options
Hi just a quick introduction,

So I am returning to dieting once again!

I am the biggest I have been in about 5/6 years and I need to loose the weight!
Apart from wanting so desperately to have a baby I have high blood pressure.

I got weighed yesterday morning 21st 4lb :o

We have been trying to conceive for coming up to 2 years and I have PCOS so being over weight is really effecting my chances of having a baby :'(

Starting today I am exercising every day for at least 60 mins (well this is the plan) and I am trying to stick to the Slimming World diet without attending the classes as don't have the money each week.

As well as wanting a baby so so so so much I have so many parties and things coming up too not to mention Summer!!!

My sister has asked me to be my nephews Godmother and the Christening is on May 29th so only 8 weeks and not getting on the alter in front of all family and friends the size I am now :o

Its our 1st wedding anniversary on 10th July and we didn't get a honeymoon abroad so I am really wanting to go away to somewhere really nice to celebrate but not when i'm this big with no summer clothes! won't fit comfortably in plane seat! will be too self conscious in costume! Oh dear!

Anyway that is enough from me today! hopefully I will be writing back to say I have stuck to plan and lost weight :D fingers crossed

looking forward to chatting with you all :) x

Replies

• shtefie
    shtefie Posts: 32
    Options
    Sounds like you have lots of temptations coming your way!!! As long as you can keep up all the good work you are planning you will do great! And having such a great goal to work towards will help loads. Really good luck, wishing you all the best!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I just started today at a friends recommendation, Her and I are in different states now :( but both have a goal of looking MUCH better by the time my boyfriend comes in on Leave from Hawaii and we take a trip back up to Colorado!

Ive already lost 43lbs in 90 days but have another 35lbs to loose to get to my ideal goal (its not the ideal weight for my height but this is this years goal lol)

Im officially lighter then I was when I conceived my son but I want to have another child and preferrable VBAC at some point in time. So loosing weight for conception purposes as well as hopefully having natural labor with my next child is my goal.

Since you are doing this in hope of conceiving I am assuming youre off birth control so supplements arent an option for you but Healthy eating and a daily prenatal vitamin are a must! You will be amazed at how much better you feel and how much easier it is to work out when your body starts getting the vitamins/minerals it needs.

Also, I have a fitness junkie sister so I dont have to try hard, but appeal to your friends for their older fitness magazines, just because the workout was published 6 months ago doesnt mean you cant try it! Its also great for recipes and motivational stories! I find reading the ones for my age group/needs to be the most inspirational BUT i love reading them all to keep me going!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have PCOS so I know how difficult it can be to lose the weight.... and have kids (my DD is 3 months old after tryin for 6+ yrs). I will send you a friend request so we can support each other.
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! You can do it!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I am also new to myfitness pal. It seems like a pretty great site! Welcome and good luck to you!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Alicia, I started my weight loss journey 2 years ago, and with a friend's recommendation I have turned to this site to help me figure out why I am having a hard time losing the remaining 18 lbs that I want to lose by Feb 8th, 2012, my 3 yr anniversary of trying to lose weight! I hope that I can help motivate others and get motivated by you all also! I have a physical disability that limits what I can do, but cardio -- biking really helped me lose 24 lbs in one year -- I have now realized that I need more than just exercise to lose weight so I am using this site to see where my calories are going wrong!!!!! Feel free to message me :)
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am Shelia and I found MFP about three months ago! I hope that it can do for you what is has done for me! First, please do not set your goals to high! I was a fitness coordinator for years and 60 minutes was really though for me to start! Always, aim high, but remember that you can do this and you will have all the support and motivation that you can use here if you need us!!! Friend me if you would like and best wishes to you on your new journey!!!
    Shelia
  • Jengenery
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    A big thanks for your welcomes and support :)
    Wishing everyone else a lot of luck too x x x x
  • nelliemosa
    Options
    You've set yourself some really impressive goals, well done! I've been here since January and I'm losing weight steadily. My advice to you would be to aim high but have realistic and achievable mini goals. Don't become despondent if you have a bad week or two, we've all been through it and we've all come out the other side with a bit of encouragement. The people you'll meet on here are fantastic and so so supportive, we're in it together so don't be shy and add me if you'd like some friendly support. Good luck!