Need Motivation Desperately

Options
I've been trying to lose weight since high school and I'm currently in grad school. Sometimes I'm able to lose 5 pounds but then I lose motivation and I go back to my stupid ways. I'm at my heaviest weight and I would love to feel great about my body, but being this overweight has made me extremely self-conscious. I'm hoping to lose 80 pounds in a year, about two pounds a week. Anyways, I would love to meet some people on here and gain some friends so we can motivate each other. :)

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I used to be like that, but since starting on the site, my motivation's only gone up. Except for the day I was tired and achey, but that's not the site's fault. :laugh:

I can quite happily see myself logging here until and beyond when I reach my goal of 160 lbs. Which will be around 135 lbs from now.
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! This site rocks as far as motivation goes :)
  • Niaind
    Niaind Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I'm in a very similar place right now. I'm a senior in college and will be graduating in May. I am hoping to drop anywhere from 20 to 40 pounds before grad school starts in the Fall. I am also the heaviest I have ever been. Perhaps we can motivate each other. Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Make being healthy and having a happy weight a must have and not something that is just nice to have. Get measurements, weight, and before pics, anytime you feel loss of motivation go back to them as a reference point. You can do it, everyone can its just a matter of making small changes over time that snowball into big ones.
  • smhuber
    smhuber Posts: 16
    Options
    I started less than two weeks ago and so far this site has been great to keep track of what I am consuming. I have an Android smart phone and have downloaded the app so I can track even when I am out or at work!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It was hard for me to eat right in college. It seemed like I was always on the run, either to/from school or to/from work. I hardly had time to eat and to this day (15 years later) I eat fast, which is a habbit I am trying to break. Maybe planning meals would help, or loading your backpack with some apples, bananas, etc...to make good snacking choices would help. You could cook some meals up on Sunday and then have them ready for the week.
  • mlentz08
    mlentz08 Posts: 2
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. I've been really trying to eat healthy foods more often. When I'm hungry for a snack, you might not believe it but I'll have a cup or two of peas with garlic. It not only tastes great but it satisfies you too. Thanks for the advice :)
  • kweir7
    kweir7 Posts: 16
    Options
    This site will not only motivate you, but it will keep you honest as well. When I see my daily numbers - I make better choices. Add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!:wink::smile: :smile:
  • anitaberruguita
    Options
    hola, yo tengo el problema de que me gusta comer y mucho, me gusta caminar y hacer gym pero la comida puede mas, este programa ya lo havia usado anteriormente y la verdad que es muy bueno espero poder continuarlo firmemente, saludos y espero que a todos nos de buenos resultados,bye.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    welcome!!you can DO this!!!This website is awesome!!Good luck!!
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is a great site for motivation and support. There is also a lot of information about exercise and eating and just about everything else. Good luck with your goals and feel free to add me. I'm always looking for motivated and supportive friends.
  • cherrysoda
    Options
    Hi I hear you and I am here! lol I have the same issues as you right down to being in grad school . Lets do this together!:smooched:
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Hey,

This is a great site, i hope it helps you.

I want to loose about 2lbs a week as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend.