Ready to look hot again, but it seems so hard!

Options
hey everyone, I am a mother of three and just had my baby 4mo ago, already lost 35lbs, and ready to lose another 55! It just seems sooo hard to not eat, I am home all day, I am breastfeeding, dont have money or babysitter to go workout and wait a minute...how many more excuses? I just need to start walking with the baby in the stroller, that is excercise, I just need to get out more so that I dont sit around and eat! any ideas would help, it is very cold here, and so it is hard to walk outside!

Replies

• Upsonmom
    Options
    hey everyone, I am a mother of three and just had my baby 4mo ago, already lost 35lbs, and ready to lose another 55! It just seems sooo hard to not eat, I am home all day, I am breastfeeding, dont have money or babysitter to go workout and wait a minute...how many more excuses? I just need to start walking with the baby in the stroller, that is excercise, I just need to get out more so that I dont sit around and eat! any ideas would help, it is very cold here, and so it is hard to walk outside!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. If it is too cold to go outside, try doing push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jack, lunges, squats, etc. The good things about being home alone with the baby is that he is too young to judge you for looking silly haha! I live in Sweden so it had gotten cold (and dark!) here already, too. Maybe try bringing hot tea or something along and just bundling up. You will get warm as you go, especially pushing a stroller.

Best of luck! And congratulations on your son. It is totally amazing that you have lost 35 pounds just 4 months after giving birth. You can obviously do this :drinker: !
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Men at Work said it best: (watch out I am going to sing!)

We can dance if we want to
    We've got all your life and mine
    As long as we abuse it
    Never gonna lose it
    Everything will work out right
    I say, we can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    Because your friends dont dance
    And if they dont dance
    Well they're no friends of mine

I think dancing is the best free, uninhibited, can do anytime you want, exercise! I feel de-stressed when I am done. You can put your headphones on and do it for 10 or 40 minutes!

Dont forget to stretch for 5 minutes when your through!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate that song LOL..... Its on my 80's cd I have.....

Get a workout video to do at home. I also am a stay at home mom of a 15 mth old and then I have older kids also. Wait until he gets older and starts crawling. I was trying to do some crunches the other day and she kept crawling and sitting on my tummy and then would laugh everytime I would do one. It was cute until I got up and she didnt want me to and started to cry.

Connie
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    Men at Work said it best: (watch out I am going to sing!)

We can dance if we want to
    We've got all your life and mine
    As long as we abuse it
    Never gonna lose it
    Everything will work out right
    I say, we can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    Because your friends dont dance
    And if they dont dance
    Well they're no friends of mine

I think dancing is the best free, uninhibited, can do anytime you want, exercise! I feel de-stressed when I am done. You can put your headphones on and do it for 10 or 40 minutes!

Dont forget to stretch for 5 minutes when your through!!

Ohhh I totally agree! I think dancing is the greatest way to loose weight. Its so much fun it doesn't even feel like exercise. You can get everyone in on it. Get a little jam session going on. :happy:
  • SKIPPER
    SKIPPER Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that from your picture you look great!!! You are doing the most important job of all...being a mom...I am a grandma of a 2 yr. old with a second one due in December!... Don't beat yourself up...You are working hard and take it little by little and it will come off...enjoy your kids...
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    One of the best things I can suggest is to LET yourself eat all day...stock your kitchen with healthy, low cal treats like lots of fresh veggies and fruits and whole grain crackers and other low-cal items. Maybe even change the names of your meals in your food diary to times of the day...then plan to eat every 3 hours or so...my food diary is set up like this: 8-11 am, 11-2, 2-5 pm, 5-8 pm, 8-11 pm. I eat something healthy even before I am hungry, so I am not as likely to overeat because I wasn't hungry to begin with...my metabolism stays steady throughout the day...and my body doesn't have to hang on to one ounce of fat because it knows its next meal is never more than a few hours away. Eating 5-6 mini meals throughout the day is a great help!

Also, I work at the nursery at my church, and I love getting on the floor and playing with the kids. I'll lie on my back and lift a baby up above my head (great arm exercise)...the bigger kids I will hold onto their hands with my hands and lift their bodies up with my legs so they are "flying" (awesome leg exercise)...the littler guys I'll sit on my stomach and then do a sit up...I make a funny face when I sit up...he laughs like crazy and my stomach gets a workout! I never even count those "workouts" because they are more fun than anything else...but I know they burn calories...and for a busy mom like yourself...they may be your best chance and exercise right now...so I'd say try it out and play with your kids in the meantime! Best wishes to you, as I know you will reach your fitness goals!
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm where you are...But I'm there a few years after. I lost 35lbs right after I had my daughter. Problem was when she hit 2 I gained it back!

Congrats on yer baby boy!

You can do this. Just stick to it. And ignore the ups and downs. Don't let them become excuses.

WELCOME!:drinker: